+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics for spouse (when Primary applicant is in Canada and spouse is outside of Canada)

Akshay9

Sep 9, 2018
Hi Everyone,

Could anyone of you help me on below queries.

I have submitted my PR application (under CEC) on Jan 2019 for myself and dependents (spouse and child)

1. I am currently in Canada and dependents are in India. As I got to know from someone, I have to keep my dependents in India until I get update on PR status for them. Is it mandatory or can i bring them here while the application processing is in progress ?

2. Effective from Dec 31,2018; need to provide biometrics if applying from India. So once I get the status on my PR, how do I provide biometrics for my spouse who is in India ? does CIC inform me to apply it from India for my spouse (biometrics are NA for me as I am in Canada) ?

3. I am the primary applicant , can I travel outside of Canada while my application is in progress ?

Thanks in advance and wish you best of luck to everyone who is applying for PR.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi Everyone,

Could anyone of you help me on below queries.

I have submitted my PR application (under CEC) on Jan 2019 for myself and dependents (spouse and child)

1. I am currently in Canada and dependents are in India. As I got to know from someone, I have to keep my dependents in India until I get update on PR status for them. Is it mandatory or can i bring them here while the application processing is in progress ?
That depends on your current status in Canada - what kind of work permit do you have, how long is it valid, etc? In practice, it can sometimes be difficult to get approved, but "it depends."

2. Effective from Dec 31,2018; need to provide biometrics if applying from India. So once I get the status on my PR, how do I provide biometrics for my spouse who is in India ? does CIC inform me to apply it from India for my spouse (biometrics are NA for me as I am in Canada) ?
No idea. Biometrics are new. So you will have to tell us :)

3. I am the primary applicant , can I travel outside of Canada while my application is in progress ?
Of course. The only time you might think about not traveling is if you are on implied status (or waiting for your PR card...)

Akshay9

Sep 9, 2018
Thanks for the reply.

Regarding point 1, I came here on ICT (intra compnay transfer) and work permit is valid till Feb 2020 . My spouse and child also have visitor visa valid till same period.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Regarding point 1, I came here on ICT (intra compnay transfer) and work permit is valid till Feb 2020 . My spouse and child also have visitor visa valid till same period.
They already have valid visas? Why would you think you have to "keep them in India"? Of course they can come... No need to wait .

Reactions: Bello.Scott

gautam_rait

May 12, 2019
Basic question, I have to submit the application by 03rd June. I am here in Canada and my family is in India..
Does everyone needs to submit the Biometrics by that date.

Akshay9

Sep 9, 2018
Basic question, I have to submit the application by 03rd June. I am here in Canada and my family is in India..
Does everyone needs to submit the Biometrics by that date.
If you had already paid biometrics fee while submitting the PR application,then schedule an appointment online in VFS center in India and ask them to provide biometrics before the deadline.

Inform them to carry biometric letter you got from CEC, valid passport.

gautam_rait

May 12, 2019
If you had already paid biometrics fee while submitting the PR application,then schedule an appointment online in VFS center in India and ask them to provide biometrics before the deadline.

Inform them to carry biometric letter you got from CEC, valid passport.
Thanks for the reply.