+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics Extension and Leaving country during Application Processing

jacob97

May 11, 2018
Hi I have a few general queries and I could not find any thread that has all the information:

I received my ITA and submitted all the documents on October 2nd, 2019. I applied under Canadian Experience Class from within Canada.

I am visiting my country, India, in December for a month. I am worried about getting a biometrics request during that time and not being in country to provide it.

Below are my queries:
1. If I receive biometrics request when I'm in Inida, can I give it at a VAC centre in India or do I have to mandatory give it in Canada?
2. If I get 30 days and I give it on very last day, is there any processing time like 2-3 days or does it get updated instantly on PR application?
3. Can I request CIC additional time to provide my biometrics?
4. Is it possible to give biometrics before they request it at one of VACs in Canada? Would that count?
5. If I have a multi-entry work visa and a valid work permit (not expiring anytime soon), can I leave the country while my PR application is under process?

Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions!

arajoba

Nov 6, 2019
Same question came to my mind. It appears biometrics given in the past are valid for 10 years. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/campaigns/biometrics/facts.html

Also you'd be able to make trips without any trouble since you have a valid visa. To be on safe side, carry documentations such as AOR and payment receipts to state you have applied for PR (if asked by customs officer at the airport, they won't even bother if you have more than 1+ years of visa left).
My friend was allowed to enter on study visa even though his study program was already over and he had only 1 month of study visa left - His PG Work Permit was in process - on the similar principle I assume.
You applied last month so If I am not mistaken there's ample time for biometrics call unless you are aiming for 3-4 months of leave.

parthm92

Feb 4, 2020
Hi folks,

I received a request to go for biometrics. Unfortunately, I am not able to find an appointment at any of the Service Canada centers until my deadline. Would you be able to guide me on how do I seek extension? @jacob97 did you need an extension? How did you go about it?

Thanks in advance.