+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bill C-6: Senate stage

sistemc

Feb 2, 2014
Coffee1981 said:
News coming out of IRCC HQ today is that the bill is expected to fail. Management has been warned during a series of meetings all day today. The amendments were a no-go for the minister and the department, and they've been briefed that more are on the way apparently from the Cons.
Source of this information? And if the source is "my friend on high position in the IRCC" then please find some other forum to troll in.

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
Hey,

I am really not following what's happening, so can anybody give me a small resume about what's happening

canadasucks

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
6 months ago I said the bill will be dead in the end and some people doubted my prediction. Today I still stand by my prediction.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/breaking-news-bill-c6-finally-passed-in-hoc-now-reading-in-senate-t430607.0.html;msg5525758#msg5525758

MTweet12

Sep 1, 2013
@canadasucks and why are you so happy that your "prediction" is correct so far? I thought people on this forum would wish that a bill such as C-6 passes, but I see many others like you making comments like: "See.. I was right when I said this will never pass" or "I stand by my prediction that this won't pass".
I'm not asking for over-optimism, but I'm surprised by the number of self-righteous people here!
Btw, your "predictions" aren't true. You can say I was correct only if the parliament dissolves without approving the bill :D

Coffee1981

Star Member
Jun 29, 2016
sistemc said:
Source of this information? And if the source is "my friend on high position in the IRCC" then please find some other forum to troll in.
Choose to believe what you want. I'm telling you because my friend was in meetings all day today. The bill is DOA on its return to the House. The age limit for language was the poison pill.

canadasucks

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MTweet12 said:
@canadasucks and why are you so happy that your "prediction" is correct so far? I thought people on this forum would wish that a bill such as C-6 passes, but I see many others like you making comments like: "See.. I was right when I said this will never pass" or "I stand by my prediction that this won't pass".
I'm not asking for over-optimism, but I'm surprised by the number of self-righteous people here!
Btw, your "predictions" aren't true. You can say I was correct only if the parliament dissolves without approving the bill :D
I actually feel very sad that my prediction is becoming real. I was also over-optimized over a year ago. But I simply gave up hope totally and became realistic. We were fooled too much by the false hope brought by this government. I knew the longer I keep that false hope and not cut my loss, the worse I will be hurt and lose in the end.

tyl92

Apr 1, 2013
WE all wanted and want it to pass but a certain level of tricks , lies , BS , and reality , you get to a point where you have 0 hopes .
Life is full of surprises and mysteries , if bill c6's fate is to pass , it will .
Several persons ended with this conclusion with facts and trend with what recently happened , no surprise then if it doesn't pass , i think the best way to relax and move on is just to plan ahead with c24 , and all that comes with it .
The first amendment , as long as a bill itself , opened the door for bugs and disturbance , the rest infected the whole project behind it .
Even the senators , don't even know what to say anymore or how to comment what is happening .

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tyl92 said:
WE all wanted and want it to pass but a certain level of tricks , lies , BS , and reality , you get to a point where you have 0 hopes .
Life is full of surprises and mysteries , if bill c6's fate is to pass , it will .
Several persons ended with this conclusion with facts and trend with what recently happened , no surprise then if it doesn't pass , i think the best way to relax and move on is just to plan ahead with c24 , and all that comes with it .
The first amendment , as long as a bill itself , opened the door for bugs and disturbance , the rest infected the whole project behind it .
Even the senators , don't even know what to say anymore or how to comment what is happening .
At least you can expect reasonable processing time under the current C24... do you really want to be part of the big flood and logistical challenge once this new C6 becomes effective?

Reactions: AbdulIBX

tyl92

Apr 1, 2013
If there is one thing positive about it , it is processing times ! , i was affected by a couple of days by c24 , i was 9 days close to apply , i'll be eligible very soon ( july) under c24 , it doesn't affect my emotions or plans anymore , i just tend to care about people who will have to wait longer and have more urgent needs .

A canadian passport won't provide me anything special , my current passport open more doors than the canadian one .

I'm just pissed and angry about how they've been playing with people's emotions .
We will see what the future holds for that un-wanted bill .

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tyl92 said:
If there is one thing positive about it , it is processing times ! , i was affected by a couple of days by c24 , i was 9 days close to apply , i'll be eligible very soon ( july) under c24 , it doesn't affect my emotions or plans anymore , i just tend to care about people who will have to wait longer and have more urgent needs .

A canadian passport won't provide me anything special , my current passport open more doors than the canadian one .

I'm just pissed and angry about how they've been playing with people's emotions .
We will see what the future holds for that un-wanted bill .
The play with peoples emotions comes from the trolling optimism people reading Tweets and other funny stuff.

Officially there is NO Playing with peoples. Officially the government is open for amendments. That doesn't suggest in any way that is will happen in a FIXED BY LAW Timeframe.

canadasucks

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tyl92 said:
Actually they've been playing people's life. If same thing like C-24/C-6 happens in Europe, the government would be accused of violating human rights under ECHR Article 8: Right to respect for private and family life.

Sadly, in Canada, human rights record is just a joke, even UN has criticized human rights failures in Canada. Yet Canada is still trying to claim itself being a safe heaven for asylum.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadasucks said:
Actually they've been playing people's life. If same thing like C-24/C-6 happens in Europe, the government would be accused of violating human rights.
The Conservatives had to find a way to almost stop the intake of new applications in order to have a chance to fix all that mess with the old backlog.

Now that expected C6 volume will create instant fresh backlog plus the ongoing intake on a daily basis. I am sure that you also don't want to be in the unknown slow processing line.

Confused in Montreal

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
CLAUDIO73 said:
You know a lot i see. Probably you should take a look better at this web site or make a little research before answering with this disarming sureness
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2016-10-28.asp
Lol sweetie, it's a proposal. But if you eliminate that, what about eliminating the 10 yr. financial responsibility clause and no sponsorship for three years including parental from the time of your divorce? Please read the amendment, it says people who do not have kids etc, meaning no liability hence no financial obligation. Do you know the extent of fraud marriages in Canada? From both parties BTW! So Firstly, I have researched enough before commenting, secondly, it's not part of C6, thirdly, let the whole fine print being released, you will see.

By the looks of it, you seem to be following the spousal sponsorship and conditional PR a lot!! That's a red flag my dear Claudio. So when you point a finger at someone else, realise that three of your own are pointing towards you. It's people who misuse the PR system gets us law abiding, tax paying people become victims of laws like C24, which I think makes sense on papers only, as why should I pay for folks like you when I have myself (God's grace) not accessed the healthcare system in 9 years, though I contributed for all these years.

So please hire a shady lawyer and stop trolling here, would be my advice. And it's free!! and you are welcome!!

Did I disarm you, if I did, I am glad. Please let me know dear troll. And please look into the mechanisms a Canadian citizen or PR can access to thwart spousal frauds, which means your PR even after the conditional PR is over can be revoked!!! Surprised, please ask your lawyer.

Redfield

Mar 9, 2017
This Bill is not dead, stop saying this, even if sent with amendments, HoC will ultimately decide and probably reject these amendments. HoC always has last word on Bills, Senate will not burn their joker of killing a bill on Bill C-6, look at what happened with Bill C-14. Trudeau knows that if he lets them do that, they will kill all of his sensitive upcoming bills like marijuana legalization and lowering of the tax rates for middle class (that abolishes amount transfer between spouses, introduced by Harper gov.). Even Linda Frum knows that's it's up to the PM, the Senate will back off if HoC refuses the amendments

Senator Linda Frum‏Verified account @LindaFrum 7h7 hours ago
Important amendment that recognizes language ability as a determinant for success of newcomers. Hope Prime Minister sees fit to accept.

Coffee1981

Star Member
Jun 29, 2016
Redfield said:
This Bill is not dead, stop saying this, even if sent with amendments, HoC will ultimately decide and probably reject these amendments. HoC always has last word on Bills, Senate will not burn their joker of killing a bill on Bill C-6, look at what happened with Bill C-14. Trudeau knows that if he lets them do that, they will kill all of his sensitive upcoming bills like marijuana legalization and lowering of the tax rates for middle class (that abolishes amount transfer between spouses, introduced by Harper gov.). Even Linda Frum knows that's it's up to the PM, the Senate will back off if HoC refuses the amendments

Senator Linda Frum‏Verified account @LindaFrum 7h7 hours ago
Important amendment that recognizes language ability as a determinant for success of newcomers. Hope Prime Minister sees fit to accept.
I'm telling you right now. Senior management at IRCC was briefed today that this bill will not be going forward as amended. It's dead on arrival as it stands. They're already making contingency plans for a new bill.