+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Best way to move to Quebec with no previous work experience?

Jan 11, 2021
I have several work experiences here and there back in my home country but nothing really serious and useful.
As PEQ has become tougher recently, this transition of immigration program means Quebec will no longer accept immigration of international students?
What is the best way to move there for now as a NOT skilled worker?
1. Go to a college for diploma (DEC or DEP) 2-3 years + full-time work 12-18 months + French level 7 + Quebec Value test
2. Get a PR in another province and move to Quebec someday
There seems to be no one taking DEC course.. heard it is like a bridge between secondary school and university, is it something you can get a job after graduation or do you need more education?
Any advice is welcome.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have several work experiences here and there back in my home country but nothing really serious and useful.
As PEQ has become tougher recently, this transition of immigration program means Quebec will no longer accept immigration of international students?
What is the best way to move there for now as a NOT skilled worker?
1. Go to a college for diploma (DEC or DEP) 2-3 years + full-time work 12-18 months + French level 7 + Quebec Value test
2. Get a PR in another province and move to Quebec someday
There seems to be no one taking DEC course.. heard it is like a bridge between secondary school and university, is it something you can get a job after graduation or do you need more education?
Any advice is welcome.
I would recommend you go for a university degree rather than a college diploma if you want the best chance of translating your status to PR.

I would stay away from the Quebec immigration program. Too many people have had really bad experiences.

Get PR federally or through a different province and then move to Quebec after PR.

Jan 11, 2021
I would recommend you go for a university degree rather than a college diploma if you want the best chance of translating your status to PR.

I would stay away from the Quebec immigration program. Too many people have had really bad experiences.

Get PR federally or through a different province and then move to Quebec after PR.
Thanks so much for your advice.

The reason you recommend other provinces is because of 18 months of work experience or too long process time?

I would gladly stay and wait in Quebec only if I could get PR eventually.

Is there a high chance of going back home even if you meet all the requirements?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks so much for your advice.

The reason you recommend other provinces is because of 18 months of work experience or too long process time?

I would gladly stay and wait in Quebec only if I could get PR eventually.

Is there a high chance of going back home even if you meet all the requirements?
No - that's not why. It's because you'll find processing times are very long. Also, Quebec has canceled programs, including canceling applications already in progress. You'll see lots of bad experiences here if you spend time reading through various discussions.

PR is never guaranteed until you are actually approved and programs requirements change from time to time. Just because you meet the program requirements now does not mean you will be selected or that you will meet them at the time you apply.

The Quebec program is very far from a sure thing.

Stefay

Jan 8, 2021

What would be the minimum time to spend in the ROC before moving to Qc ?

mtlog

Nov 23, 2020
Also, Processing time is 26 months. Some people wait 30 + months. You need 18 months work experience.

Other provinces, processing time is 6 months and you need 12 months experience.

Reactions: scylla