+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Best Hospital to give Birth in Montréal Area

Copingwithlife

Champion Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Sorry, but I do not agree with your opinion and Canada's law in this regard. My husband and I have a totally different opinion and worldview about family than the Canadian law in many regards. And I complained because it was not really a choice to get pregnant without insurance, since my husband thought that as his wife I would be covered by his private insurance, which we later found out is not the case. But that's ok, because thank God we have managed to pay for all expenses and the baby is fine, which is the most important thing and we are very exited for the baby to be born. :)
I haven't yet decided to which hospital I should go, but surely it will be a good one near by.

Thank you anyways and wish you all the best. May God bless you and your family. :)
I’d be laying the blame on your husband as per your quote , “ since my husband thought ,” not the Governments policy’s
As above , BOTH of you could of easily researched online the law regarding healthcare coverage, whether or not one agrees with it , well, isn’t relevant, unless you want to change it

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Sorry, but I do not agree with your opinion and Canada's law in this regard. My husband and I have a totally different opinion and worldview about family than the Canadian law in many regards. And I complained because it was not really a choice to get pregnant without insurance, since my husband thought that as his wife I would be covered by his private insurance, which we later found out is not the case. But that's ok, because thank God we have managed to pay for all expenses and the baby is fine, which is the most important thing and we are very exited for the baby to be born. :)
I haven't yet decided to which hospital I should go, but surely it will be a good one near by.

Thank you anyways and wish you all the best. May God bless you and your family. :)
So you made the choice to get pregnant before actually ensuring that you would have health coverage. Blame your husband for that instead of Canada.

Reactions: MinMin13

MinMin13

Star Member
Mar 9, 2019
to be honest, when you decide to live in one country you have to agree with the laws and policies, if not you can move. besides, the country which you live now is not your home country, so you should not complain. moreover, you and your husband should plan for the baby when you have not received the pr yet. a lot of private insurance cover pregnancy if you buy it before you got pregnant.
you will not be covered by provincial insurance if you dont get the pr, any place in CA (i dont know if it changes not)
to give birth, you need to prepare at least 5-10k for the check up, a lot of place asks for deposit because lot of birth tourists run away without paying after birth. if you give birth by vaginal, you still need to deposit around 10-15k for the room. I remember they charge me 3000/night. beside, its not your will, i know, but sometimes it happens, the complications, and you have to do c-section or stay longer than you expect it can go up to the heaven
some people said you can use midwives because the fee is more convenient, but as i said, its hard to say anything when you are giving birth, if something happens ...