+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

best and fast way to bring spouse to QC if I have applied for PR already

Qxx1

Oct 29, 2015
I received my CSQ based on QSW and I applied for my PR in October 2018 and currently its showing Estimated remaining processing time: 13 Months.
I have a job and might get married after couple of months; so I wanted to know what would be a fast and best way for my Spouse to come to Quebec.
Since the older CSQ system is gone, how does the new system work ?
And should we begin the process before or after getting my PR..
thanks

arkhamdominion

Star Member
Jan 7, 2019
I received my CSQ based on QSW and I applied for my PR in October 2018 and currently its showing Estimated remaining processing time: 13 Months.
I have a job and might get married after couple of months; so I wanted to know what would be a fast and best way for my Spouse to come to Quebec.
Since the older CSQ system is gone, how does the new system work ?
And should we begin the process before or after getting my PR..
thanks
Since you already have a CSQ and applied for PR, you could have applied for OWP for spouse. In my experience, OWP application requires you to prove the following:

• Authenticity of relationship with spouse (proof of getting married)
  • Ties in country of origin (not sure you are eligible for this)
  • Sufficient funds and resources to sponsor your spouse and yourself
I think in case is not much different from someone who already has a PR, so you would be following the same procedure.

Read more here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=177&top=17

Reactions: Qxx1

Qxx1

Oct 29, 2015
Thank you for your answer...
I went through the link you provided and read that the spouse will get work permit till the date of my work permit`s expiry. So here the thing is my work permit expires in October 2020 and as of now I dont even have a potential spouse..I might have it fixed by end of this year or early next year;
Assuming that I get proof of marriage by early next year, it wont be a very good idea to apply for OWP for spouse...? as processing time will cover up few months and also my work permit wont be remaining much so they might reject as well;