+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bachelor of Commerce after Polytechnic

ankitnirman

May 21, 2021
Hi,

I've completed my Bachelors Degree of Commerce after 3 years Diploma in Mechanical Engineering/Polytechnic after 10th. Will the Polytechnic increase my CRA score in this case? Should I send my Polytechnic documents to WES?

Regards

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes, you need an ECA to submit an Express Entry profile or apply to a PNP. ECA will determine degree to Canadian equivalency.

ankitnirman

May 21, 2021
Yes, you need an ECA to submit an Express Entry profile or apply to a PNP. ECA will determine degree to Canadian equivalency.
Ok, thanks, My immigration consultant told me that Polytechnic is only relevant with a technical degree in the same field i.e. Mechanical Engineering degree in my case. However, I just got a call from them mentioning that Polytechnic documents should also be uploaded to the WES portal and it will increase my score to a good level even though my degree is not relevant i.e. Bachelor of Commerce.

Urgonnabeokme

Sep 20, 2020
Ok, thanks, My immigration consultant told me that Polytechnic is only relevant with a technical degree in the same field i.e. Mechanical Engineering degree in my case. However, I just got a call from them mentioning that Polytechnic documents should also be uploaded to the WES portal and it will increase my score to a good level even though my degree is not relevant i.e. Bachelor of Commerce.
why did she say that? if you have 2 different diplomas, degrees, certificates it increases your score to my knowledge

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
why did she say that? if you have 2 different diplomas, degrees, certificates it increases your score to my knowledge
The so called immigration consultants are just some clerks working in a limited space cabins. 90% of them lacks knowledge. Folks in some countries approach such consultants in an assumption that these consultants are gonna do something that the applicant can't to reach the PR stage. The real issue is the applicant doesn't research about the whole system before meeting the consultants. They don't even recognize the difference between an immigration lawyer and a consultant

Urgonnabeokme

Sep 20, 2020
The so called immigration consultants are just some clerks working in a limited space cabins. 90% of them lacks knowledge. Folks in some countries approach such consultants in an assumption that these consultants are gonna do something that the applicant can't to reach the PR stage. The real issue is the applicant doesn't research about the whole system before meeting the consultants. They don't even recognize the difference between an immigration lawyer and a consultant
maybe the consultant said that in the sense of the job market

Urgonnabeokme

Sep 20, 2020
The consultant is working on Express Entry / PR process. There are employment agencies out there to provide services regarding jobs and related stuffs : D
I did not know that there are agencies for job searching purposes, we do not have such agencies in my country.
The ones in Canada, are they successful in finding a job though?

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
I did not know that there are agencies for job searching purposes, we do not have such agencies in my country.
The ones in Canada, are they successful in finding a job though?
Yes there are, and the added advantage is you can complain to the appropriate authorities (Canadian) if there is a scam. I have reported one Consultant who was scamming people and this was happening in Central London UK.