skonduru

Aug 17, 2021
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
NOC Code......
Hello,

I have been working as an employee until December and I was on work permit then. I received my PR, so resigned and setup an Incorporation with me and wife as equal share holders. I am working on the same assignment through a staffing firm for the same client. My client wants me to travel to USA sometime in next 3 months.
I had applied for B1 interview after filling DS-160 when I was employed back in November. After a lot of struggle got the B1 visa interview date next week.
Not sure if that DS-160 would still be valid as I am no longer working for the employer that I specified in DS-160. Can someone please throw some light.
Also, what is the possibility of the B1 visa getting approved? What documents do I need to carry?

Please help.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hello,

I have been working as an employee until December and I was on work permit then. I received my PR, so resigned and setup an Incorporation with me and wife as equal share holders. I am working on the same assignment through a staffing firm for the same client. My client wants me to travel to USA sometime in next 3 months.
I had applied for B1 interview after filling DS-160 when I was employed back in November. After a lot of struggle got the B1 visa interview date next week.
Not sure if that DS-160 would still be valid as I am no longer working for the employer that I specified in DS-160. Can someone please throw some light.
Also, what is the possibility of the B1 visa getting approved? What documents do I need to carry?

Please help.
No specific documents known. Make sure you represent yourself for a temporary visit. So think about everything from that angle.

Letter from the company where you will be having meeting with few activities/tasks planned in US or about the project and what you would discuss about the project/planning/implementation. There shouldnt be anything that says you would be working - it should be all about the meeting/planning/training etc.
Your company detail on what it does etc and company tax returns as you are traveling for your company. For new company or for some companies they ask hence no idea on their criteria.
Take your tax returns too. Mostly they dont ask nowadays but still.

Proof that you are settled in Canada if asked about your job/mortgage/lease etc.

Reactions: skonduru