+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Authorization to return to Canada / Spousal sponsorship

arkbass

Nov 2, 2010
Hello everyone,
I'm new to this forum and I have a quite complicated situation. I met my wife here in Canada 2 years ago. She was applying for a refugee protection and in the end was denied and issued a deportation order. She told the immigration office that she'll buy the ticket herself (which she did), gave them a copy of it and left Canada on agreed date.

Here are my questions:

1. Othere then a processing fee ($400) for Authorization to return to Canada, does she have to pay government removal fee ($1500) as well even she bought the ticket herself?

2. Does she have to sort this out BEFORE we send Sponsorship application to Mississauga?

3. Her passport (under normal circumstances) allows here to come to Canada for 6 month without a visa. Can she stay with me for couple of month while we are applying for Spousal sponsorship outland or maybe we can apply for inland from here?

Regards.

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
WELCOME!

Sorry to hear your wife was deported from Canada. I know it's not the easiest thing for someone to do. I have been deported from Canada too and am dealing with ARC. To answer your questions:

1. NO, only a processing fee of $400 is required for ARC. Since she had purchased her own ticket she doesn't need to pay the Government back $1500. This is a good thing on her side for when she will be asked to apply for ARC from her VO.

2. ARC is a separate handling process that the VO undertakes after they are finished processing the spousal portion of the application. The processing time can vary depending on visa office. Sometimes it can take 2 weeks to 12+ months. She wouldn't be able to do anything regarding her ARC unless the outland Visa Office processing her case sends her a letter for an interview or to pay for ARC. Treat the rest of the application as a normal sponsorship but be sure to include that she has been deported from Canada. If it helps, include a copy of her Certificate of Departure in the application and if you wish your wife can also write less than a page long her reasons for being deported from Canada and how sorry she is for the actions she took.

3. What country is she applying to be sponsored from? If she has already left Canada she will have difficulties re-entering even though she has a visa for entry. Why? Upon entry into Canada, her name will be Flagged in CIC's FOSS system which will pull up her records as a person previously deported from Canada. I would definitely hold off on trying to re-enter because this alone can raise wider red flags on her sponsorship. The positive note, if she hasn't already left Canada and you both have enough time you can start the outland application and submit it to CPC-M in the meantime. If time is running short, make sure she applies for her RCMP clearance while in Canada. Spend the extra 40 bucks and get it done electronically because you get the results back in 72 hours or less. One last thing, since "deportation" is up against her name, the inland application will not roll in your favor because she has a time limit to when she must depart Canada. I strongly suggest the Outland process. Even if you did the sponsorship Inland, she will be called for an interview which can take anytime between 6 months to 2 years.

Tough tough decisions to make but you've to do what you feel is most right. Trust me, I have gone through it and still battling the process.

Best wishes!

Yaya Marei

Aug 25, 2010
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/8/2010
Doc's Request.
Nov 2010
Med's Request
1l7 2011
Med's Done....
3/7 /2011
Interview........
28/6/2011
Passport Req..
17/8/2011
VISA ISSUED...
21/8/2011
LANDED..........
31/8 /2011 Insallah
Hi what Arkabass tell you is right

I am in the same shoes too. I advice you to do this
apply outland while she is in canada, use the time as soon as you can. get your RCMP it ll help you a lot. try to do everything fas. send application, and even if she back there a big chance to process it fast.

they ll not ask for your 1500 but 400 only because you had to pay for ticket.

have good luck my friend

Dear arkbass which office you deal with , have you start your ARC.

MihailG

Feb 16, 2018
Visa Office......
Rome Italy
WELCOME!

Sorry to hear your wife was deported from Canada. I know it's not the easiest thing for someone to do. I have been deported from Canada too and am dealing with ARC. To answer your questions:

1. NO, only a processing fee of $400 is required for ARC. Since she had purchased her own ticket she doesn't need to pay the Government back $1500. This is a good thing on her side for when she will be asked to apply for ARC from her VO.

2. ARC is a separate handling process that the VO undertakes after they are finished processing the spousal portion of the application. The processing time can vary depending on visa office. Sometimes it can take 2 weeks to 12+ months. She wouldn't be able to do anything regarding her ARC unless the outland Visa Office processing her case sends her a letter for an interview or to pay for ARC. Treat the rest of the application as a normal sponsorship but be sure to include that she has been deported from Canada. If it helps, include a copy of her Certificate of Departure in the application and if you wish your wife can also write less than a page long her reasons for being deported from Canada and how sorry she is for the actions she took.

3. What country is she applying to be sponsored from? If she has already left Canada she will have difficulties re-entering even though she has a visa for entry. Why? Upon entry into Canada, her name will be Flagged in CIC's FOSS system which will pull up her records as a person previously deported from Canada. I would definitely hold off on trying to re-enter because this alone can raise wider red flags on her sponsorship. The positive note, if she hasn't already left Canada and you both have enough time you can start the outland application and submit it to CPC-M in the meantime. If time is running short, make sure she applies for her RCMP clearance while in Canada. Spend the extra 40 bucks and get it done electronically because you get the results back in 72 hours or less. One last thing, since "deportation" is up against her name, the inland application will not roll in your favor because she has a time limit to when she must depart Canada. I strongly suggest the Outland process. Even if you did the sponsorship Inland, she will be called for an interview which can take anytime between 6 months to 2 years.

Tough tough decisions to make but you've to do what you feel is most right. Trust me, I have gone through it and still battling the process.

Best wishes!
Hi there, you seem to know alot about arc applications and im in need for some answers. I had my stage one approved for humanitarian and compassionate grounds. Its been almost a year since we were deported form canada after refugee claim was denied. And we got approved almost 9 months ago. So far weve done security checks and criminal checks. 3 months ago we were requested by cic to apply for an arc and we did, a month ago we were requested to send bank statements, ppra applications, reference letters, university enrollements. We were wondering if this is good or does this simply mean that they began the processing, and how long does this usually take ? Our visa office is Rome italy since were albanian citizens

MihailG

Feb 16, 2018
Visa Office......
Rome Italy
Hi what Arkabass tell you is right

I am in the same shoes too. I advice you to do this
apply outland while she is in canada, use the time as soon as you can. get your RCMP it ll help you a lot. try to do everything fas. send application, and even if she back there a big chance to process it fast.

they ll not ask for your 1500 but 400 only because you had to pay for ticket.

have good luck my friend

Dear arkbass which office you deal with , have you start your ARC.
Hi there, you seem to know alot about arc applications and im in need for some answers. I had my stage one approved for humanitarian and compassionate grounds. Its been almost a year since we were deported form canada after refugee claim was denied. And we got approved almost 9 months ago. So far weve done security checks and criminal checks. 3 months ago we were requested by cic to apply for an arc and we did, a month ago we were requested to send bank statements, ppra applications, reference letters, university enrollements. We were wondering if this is good or does this simply mean that they began the processing, and how long does this usually take ? Our visa office is Rome italy since were albanian citizens

Dorib

Dec 23, 2017
Any news? Have you got the response so far?

gimo98

Oct 7, 2018
WELCOME!

Best wishes!
Latest update on my Aplication 16 months now ... got Pre Arrival 3 month ago also ..,

Thank you for contacting the Information Centre for Members of Parliament and Senators.

We have verified the information you provided on behalf of your constituent and we can provide you with the following details for yourconstituent about the status of an application tosponsor a spouse living outside Canada:

• The eligibility verifications have beenfinalized.
  • The medical examination results are on file and valid .
  • The criminality verifications arecurrentlyvalid.
  • The security verifications are currently valid.
  • Please note an application (ARC3014441) for Authorization to return to Canada(ARC) was received at the Canadian visa office
  • on May 6, 2019.
    • The file was referred to thedelegate authority for ARC decision on August 7, 2019.
    • Please note there’s no specific processing time to finalize this type of application. Rest assured that the responsible office will contact your constituent directly if anything is required or when a decision has been rendered.

We hope this information is helpful. If you require more information, please do not hesitate to contact us.

With your experience because I can see you have more knowledge about ARC , how long will it take from this stage ? Thanks in advance

Lisaexpat

Dec 7, 2018
United Kingdom
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
01/05/2018
AOR Received.
Interview........
Not needed
Our file is at 17 months. The visa office has just requested the ARC and the fee. hopefully, we are almost done soon! We are outland June 2018 Warsaw visa office. now

ihardy19

Dec 14, 2019
Our file is at 17 months. The visa office has just requested the ARC and the fee. hopefully, we are almost done soon! We are outland June 2018 Warsaw visa office. now
I was recently deported and am preparing my ARC and spousal sponsorship application. I was wondering did you submitted these applications together? Or one before the other?

Lisaexpat

Dec 7, 2018
United Kingdom
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
01/05/2018
AOR Received.
Interview........
Not needed
I was recently deported and am preparing my ARC and spousal sponsorship application. I was wondering did you submitted these applications together? Or one before the other?
Separately. We waited until the VO requested the ARC.

ihardy19

Dec 14, 2019
Separately. We waited until the VO requested the ARC.
So if I submit my spousal sponsorship application they will then come back and request I submit an ARC application? A lawyer was telling me that if I retain them they will submit them at the same time.

Lisaexpat

Dec 7, 2018
United Kingdom
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
01/05/2018
AOR Received.
Interview........
Not needed
It is what our rep advised. They are
Requested arc last month. Our app was submitted June 2018.