+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August AOR 2017

despacito2017

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
Hi HassanH and despacito2017,
I will hit the one year mark since AOR next month as well, and medical will expire in mid August.
It was my conclusion from the IRCC (GCMS) notes (which arrived in June) that my application was caught up in Security Check as that field was blank everywhere. So I went for CSIS notes, and they just sent me a letter confirming that the application is under security checks with them, and that they cannot reveal anything else as per the law. I have no idea how long it takes for them to finish their checks.
I went through the 100+ pages or so of my IRCC notes and it is my conclusion that an IRCC agent checks back on the application at defined dates set in the system. If at that time the IRCC sees that the third party agencies have finished their work and have submitted their report to the IRCC then the application can move on, otherwise a new date is assigned. Coming to the medicals issue, I would rather wait for the IRCC to tell me if a repeat of Medicals is required as otherwise, if we do them on our own and another year passes, would we do them again later as well? I read somewhere, and it is my hope as well, that IRCC asks for repeat medicals when the PR application is ready for final processing, which makes sense. Perhaps it is better to do a Case Specific Inquiry and ask the IRCC themselves.
I just want to clarify that all of the above is my own conclusions after going through IRCC and CSIS notes and should not be regarded as how the process actually works.

My particulars:
AOR: August 31, 2017
FSW-Inland
Ottawa VO
I think pretty much everyone from the AOR August 2017 that doesn't have PPR is under SS, otherwise there is literally no other justification of why our case is taking so long.

As per my understanding, the average time for SS is 12 months from IP2, which means my case will drag into 2019 :( because visa office took forever to open my file to simply pass eligibility. As my visa office is so slow, I fully anticipate them receiving my SS results and then wait around a month to request medicals. My question revolves around whether any type of form is needed for second medical or can we preempt the request and do it.

sa719

Star Member
May 28, 2018
I think pretty much everyone from the AOR August 2017 that doesn't have PPR is under SS, otherwise there is literally no other justification of why our case is taking so long.

As per my understanding, the average time for SS is 12 months from IP2, which means my case will drag into 2019 :( because visa office took forever to open my file to simply pass eligibility. As my visa office is so slow, I fully anticipate them receiving my SS results and then wait around a month to request medicals. My question revolves around whether any type of form is needed for second medical or can we preempt the request and do it.
Even in first medical we did not need a form right. We booked an appointment and gave our PR application number to the medical center staff, who transmitted our results to the IRCC and gave us an Information Printout Sheet which we later sent to the IRCC as part of our PR application package. I guess the same process can be repeated. However, I think its better to ask the IRCC through a Case Specific Inquiry, because if they have extended the validity of medicals then a repeat would not make sense.

How did you find out that the average time for SS is 12 months from IP2? Also, did your GCMS notes reveal that they passed your eligibility late?

Reactions: despacito2017

tinuola

Oct 12, 2016
PPR came in today guys.

Aug 3rd, PNP.

I hope you all still waiting get yours soon.

Many thanks to @BillHyatt and @legalfalcon for all your help, you helped kept many of us sane throughout this waiting period. And to even think that you did all of these for free is really something rare. Thank you so much and God bless you.

Last edited:

sa719

Star Member
May 28, 2018
PPR came in today guys.

Aug 3rd, PNP.

I hope you all still waiting get yours soon.

Many thanks to @BillHyatt and @legalfalcon for all your help, you helped kept many of us sane through this waiting period. And to even think that you did all of for free is really something rare. Thank you so much and God bless you.
Congratulations!!! You must be so relieved now!! :)

AmazingGrace

Jul 28, 2017
Congrats Tinula, that's awesome news. From Delhi office we are awaiting from Aug 2017 too but no news.

Now your aor is when? And what is your medicals date ? Do u have time to travel ?

Reactions: tinuola

tinuola

Oct 12, 2016
Congrats Tinula, that's awesome news. From Delhi office we are awaiting from Aug 2017 too but no news.

Now your aor is when? And what is your medicals date ? Do u have time to travel ?
Thanks. Pray yours comes too very soon.

AOR is Aug 3rd, 2017.
Medicals expire Oct.
We'll have to manage with the time we've got.

AmazingGrace

Jul 28, 2017
Hi Tinuola

I couldn't understand you, we do medicals etc then submit to get our aor so how is that your aor is Aug 3 and medicals expire in Oct 2017?

Medicals are done befr getting sorry date. Can you be more specific, jus wanted to know as our
Aor is Aug 24 2017 and medicals expire on Aug 5th. But no calls or emails yet .

Hoping to hear back
Thanks. Pray yours comes too very soon.

AOR is Aug 3rd, 2017.
Medicals expire Oct.
We'll have to manage with the time we've got.

tinuola

Oct 12, 2016
Hi Tinuola

I couldn't understand you, we do medicals etc then submit to get our aor so how is that your aor is Aug 3 and medicals expire in Oct 2017?

Medicals are done befr getting sorry date. Can you be more specific, jus wanted to know as our
Aor is Aug 24 2017 and medicals expire on Aug 5th. But no calls or emails yet .

Hoping to hear back
We actually had our first application from 2017 rejected, this is because we did not include our ECA certificate, it was a mistake on our path. We had our first medicals done Dec 2016 and the first Aor was in Feb 2017.

We immediately applied again after the rejection and continued with the medical reports from the initial application, the new Aor was Aug 2017 but the medicals from the first application was to expire December 2017.

We were asked to redo our medicals Oct 2017, which is why we have our current medical reports valid till Oct 2018.

HassanH

Star Member
Apr 22, 2017
So I sent a status inquiry about my application (specially since my medicals expired), I received this reply:

Your file is currently under review and requires additional verifications. As a result, the assessment period will be outside of our posted processing times.
Unfortunately at this time we are not able to determine when your application will be finalized, but our office will contact you as soon as all verifications are completed, or if any additional information or documents are required.

Your medical results have been reassessed. They are valid until April 24th 2019.

We appreciate your patience and ask that you keep correspondence with our office to a minimum.
Regards,
So they extended my medicals till April 2019. Any idea what the hell this means? :D

Reactions: dotsil

sa719

Star Member
May 28, 2018
PPR issued finally.

My details:
FSW-Inland
ITA: June 28, 2017
Meds: August 20, 2017
Application Submitted: August 31, 2017
AOR: Setember 1, 2017
Meds passed: September 14, 2017
IP2: Mid October 2017

Reactions: dotsil and tinuola

sa719

Star Member
May 28, 2018
So I sent a status inquiry about my application (specially since my medicals expired), I received this reply:

So they extended my medicals till April 2019. Any idea what the hell this means? :D
Agencies other than the IRCC perform the detailed security check in which some applications are caught (such as ours). This includes the CSIS and the CBSA (third parties to the IRCC). I think the IRCC sets a deadline and checks back on an application on that date to see if the third party checks are complete or not. If yes, then they move on the application, if not, then they set another deadline (this is what I concluded after going through my GCMS notes). I also read somewhere that in case medicals are expiring, then the IRCC may issue a re-medical request once the application is ready for final processing. I guess this is whats going on here. They have renewed your medicals to a later date and must be awaiting response from third party agencies regarding finalization of security checks. I don't think that this means that your application will take up until April 2019 to process. Your timeline is very similar to mine, and I received PPR today so I hope you receive yours soon too.

zroro

Mar 8, 2018
Hi everyone,

I have been waiting for 12 months now. AOR on august 22 2017, stuck at security screening stage. I have requested GCMS notes from IRCC almost 3 months now. I havent received the notes yet. A month ago I emailed them - they said they have flagged my request as priority. But still I havent received the notes. Have you experienced something similar ? What should I do? I want to know if my application still exists and what date my SS started.

sa719

Star Member
May 28, 2018
Hi everyone,

I have been waiting for 12 months now. AOR on august 22 2017, stuck at security screening stage. I have requested GCMS notes from IRCC almost 3 months now. I havent received the notes yet. A month ago I emailed them - they said they have flagged my request as priority. But still I havent received the notes. Have you experienced something similar ? What should I do? I want to know if my application still exists and what date my SS started.
Usually the GCMS notes arrive in a month. How did you order them? Through the ATIP online system (https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en) or through some third party website or through a consultant? Did you select the option of online delivery or postal delivery? Also, one requirement for the Access to Information and Privacy (ATIP) requests is for the person who orders them to be in Canada. Was this requirement met?

zroro

Mar 8, 2018
Usually the GCMS notes arrive in a month. How did you order them? Through the ATIP online system (https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en) or through some third party website or through a consultant? Did you select the option of online delivery or postal delivery? Also, one requirement for the Access to Information and Privacy (ATIP) requests is for the person who orders them to be in Canada. Was this requirement met?
Thank you for your reply. Yes, I ordered a softcopy using the online system. I was in Canada on the day I requested them. However, I didnt stay in Canada for the whole month. It's almost 3 months now, what should I do ? Is my application still alive ?