+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August AOR 2017

singh3508

Mar 9, 2016
almost 11 months gone for us, at 6 months it used to restlessness, at 9 months it was anger, does not bother me much now.. It will come when it has to. Stay calm rest of us who are still hanging in there...:)

Reactions: sa719

msrdy

Star Member
Mar 1, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ottawa
App. Filed.......
01-12-2017
AOR Received.
09-14-2017
Med's Done....
20-11-2018
Hi msrdy

I would not recommend you withdrawing the application, as i believe that this means you will need to be issued another invitation to apply. If i remember right it states when they issued the invitation that if we choose not to apply at this time and exceed the give time frame(90 days) we will need to be issued with a new invitation to apply and that there is no guarantee that another will be issued just because you were already given one invitation.

There are lots of cases where is exceeded the given time frame, I would suggest that you wait a few more weeks and see how it goes. However do keep following up once in a while and see how things are progressing, if you know your Local Visa office(LVO) maybe contact them directly and see what's the hold up as you have exceeded the standard processing time (if you have).

Also you can open a case specific enquiry if you have exceeded the 6months mark from the AOR date.

Hope this helps and wish you a speedy PPR. :)
Thank you for your insight.

sa719

Star Member
May 28, 2018
almost 11 months gone for us, at 6 months it used to restlessness, at 9 months it was anger, does not bother me much now.. It will come when it has to. Stay calm rest of us who are still hanging in there...:)
Same here, almost 10 months at my end ... restlessness followed by anger followed by quiet resignation to fate! :)

tinuola

Oct 12, 2016
Hi guys.

It's been quiet here a while now.

Any update, any news with August AOR?

Anyone received PPR lately, or knows someone who did?

What's happening with August applications, especially first week in August?

3rd August here, PNP still waiting.

AmazingGrace

Jul 28, 2017
Hi
We are also August 2017 applicants and extremely disappointed to see no ppr progress for Aug people from last year from new Delhi office.

No idea how to even talk to an agent or anyone as we do not get rrspresp from the mail's we send too.

Reactions: tinuola

hb1975

Apr 16, 2017
Hi guys.

It's been quiet here a while now.

Any update, any news with August AOR?

Anyone received PPR lately, or knows someone who did?

What's happening with August applications, especially first week in August?

3rd August here, PNP still waiting.
Hi Tinuola!!! Any update/news on ur application???
I am 11 August AOR---- PNP--- stuck up with no progress at LVO

tinuola

Oct 12, 2016
Hi Tinuola!!! Any update/news on ur application???
I am 11 August AOR---- PNP--- stuck up with no progress at LVO
Hi,
There's been absolutely nothing from them, no news/update whatsoever. Also stuck with LVO and I am not on SS. I don't just understand what is happening with August application, and noone/experts can help with a reasonable explanation.

tinuola

Oct 12, 2016
Hi
We are also August 2017 applicants and extremely disappointed to see no ppr progress for Aug people from last year from new Delhi office.

No idea how to even talk to an agent or anyone as we do not get rrspresp from the mail's we send too.
Hi,
Same is also the issue here. I wish there was some sort of explanation as to why this is the case for August applications.

sa719

Star Member
May 28, 2018
Hi,
Same is also the issue here. I wish there was some sort of explanation as to why this is the case for August applications.
I am following both August and September 2017 groups, and it seems quite a few people are still waiting for PPR (myself included). I wonder what the reason for this delay is. It isn't visa office specific as people from LVO, NDVO are waiting. I am myself FSW-Inland, so CPC-Ottawa can also be included in this list. I think in most cases medicals are about to expire, mine expire next month. Are people getting emails from IRCC to re-do medicals?

AmazingGrace

Jul 28, 2017
I am following both August and September 2017 groups, and it seems quite a few people are still waiting for PPR (myself included). I wonder what the reason for this delay is. It isn't visa office specific as people from LVO, NDVO are waiting. I am myself FSW-Inland, so CPC-Ottawa can also be included in this list. I think in most cases medicals are about to expire, mine expire next month. Are people getting emails from IRCC to re-do medicals?
We will have our medicals expire in two weeks time. We thought new Delhi office will call us to redo medicals but then they don't too date so it has been very sadenning as we don't know anything if anything will happen or not too.
Jobs have been left and child education in question.we too don't want to go in the freezing winter months to land there but want to land befr so now it's all jus vague and depressing.
Atleest if they reply to email it would help. Second gcms was applied let's see.
Nothing can be done .why Aug 2017 people are made to wait like this too much no idea.

tinuola

Oct 12, 2016
Hi,

It is true that quite a few people are still waiting, even from April/May till Sept I think, but while few amongst others were processed, August 1st week AORs seemed untouched, like they were just skipped for unknown reasons.

I agree it isn't visa office specific, I don't just think it's that common with other visa offices, LVO has the most reputation in slow processing of applications.

Experts in the forum can explain better but my thoughts are, you can decide to request for an extension when your medicals are about to expire or have expired, and they will only choose to extend if your application is still in process. They will only ask for a medical redo once they are done with the processing of your application and are ready to issue PPR. These are just my observations like I said, it isn't certain.

Besides, it is my belief that medical reports of quite a few people waiting including myself, still have say 3 months or more validity on it. The question is will PPR come before it expires? The fact that medicals are being done two to three times for some people before PPR is really sad.

sa719

Star Member
May 28, 2018
Hi,

It is true that quite a few people are still waiting, even from April/May till Sept I think, but while few amongst others were processed, August 1st week AORs seemed untouched, like they were just skipped for unknown reasons.

I agree it isn't visa office specific, I don't just think it's that common with other visa offices, LVO has the most reputation in slow processing of applications.

Experts in the forum can explain better but my thoughts are, you can decide to request for an extension when your medicals are about to expire or have expired, and they will only choose to extend if your application is still in process. They will only ask for a medical redo once they are done with the processing of your application and are ready to issue PPR. These are just my observations like I said, it isn't certain.

Besides, it is my belief that medical reports of quite a few people waiting including myself, still have say 3 months or more validity on it. The question is will PPR come before it expires? The fact that medicals are being done two to three times for some people before PPR is really sad.
Hi AmazingGrace and tinuola,
I have read a couple of different forums that may explain these delays, not sure though.
1. The IRCC has this 80%-20% standard to maintain, where they process 80% applications in less than or around 6 months and make statements that for majority applicants the wait time is 6 months. This means that 20% will be delayed, and in order to maintain the 80% thing, they process later applicants with priority over the earlier delayed ones. So if this is true (which I don't know), then this isn't a first-come-first-serve system.
2. Some applications, I don't know for sure how many but read somewhere that around 30-40%, are sent for some very detailed Security Screening on top of the usual one. I read somewhere that they pick applicants at random. Then other government departments, which the IRCC mentions as third parties, are involved, such as the CBSA and CSIS, and they take a lot of time to process. See here: (https://open.canada.ca/en/suggested-datasets/cbsa-immigration-security-screening-timeline-statistics?page=0). This link stresses me out quite a lot since people have been stuck in this screening for years at times!

In my case, GCMS notes revealed that Eligibility for FSW is cleared, Criminality is cleared, Checks from other country (US) are cleared. However, the Security tab was blank everywhere on the notes. So I am assuming that my application is stuck in Security Screening somewhere. This is rather strange as this is not the first time I have applied to IRCC. I am in Canada for around 4.5 years now, and have applied for Study Permits and extensions, and was approved each time so they must have done security earlier as well. I don't know what the issue is? Some people I know from my home country (Pakistan), applied for PR in January and got it in May or in one case, got it in 25 days! I am nearing a year mark!

Anyways all the best everyone!

HassanH

Star Member
Apr 22, 2017
Hi guys, 25 August AOR here, my medicals expired on July 20th, but I didn't receive any guidelines to renew them. It's still showing "You passed the medical exam" on my application page. Anyone has any idea whether they will request a retake or it is safe to assume they extended my medicals?
If so does anyone know if there's a PPR coming soon (If they don't ask for medicals again or something).

Ottawa VO

thanks

despacito2017

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
Hi everyone,

About to hit a year since AOR and medical is about to expire. :(

Instead of waiting around for IRCC to issue a notice to do the medical again, is it possible to go to the medical centre and do it beforehand (similar to how it was done prior to the application being lodged) or is it necessary to receive some type of official letter for the new medical?

sa719

Star Member
May 28, 2018
Hi HassanH and despacito2017,
I will hit the one year mark since AOR next month as well, and medical will expire in mid August.
It was my conclusion from the IRCC (GCMS) notes (which arrived in June) that my application was caught up in Security Check as that field was blank everywhere. So I went for CSIS notes, and they just sent me a letter confirming that the application is under security checks with them, and that they cannot reveal anything else as per the law. I have no idea how long it takes for them to finish their checks.
I went through the 100+ pages or so of my IRCC notes and it is my conclusion that an IRCC agent checks back on the application at defined dates set in the system. If at that time the IRCC sees that the third party agencies have finished their work and have submitted their report to the IRCC then the application can move on, otherwise a new date is assigned. Coming to the medicals issue, I would rather wait for the IRCC to tell me if a repeat of Medicals is required as otherwise, if we do them on our own and another year passes, would we do them again later as well? I read somewhere, and it is my hope as well, that IRCC asks for repeat medicals when the PR application is ready for final processing, which makes sense. Perhaps it is better to do a Case Specific Inquiry and ask the IRCC themselves.
I just want to clarify that all of the above is my own conclusions after going through IRCC and CSIS notes and should not be regarded as how the process actually works.

My particulars:
AOR: August 31, 2017
FSW-Inland
Ottawa VO