Application: Family(2)

Application sent: Aug 3

Delivered: Aug 4

AOR: Aug 9

Reactions: ripujit

Can_Bee

Dec 27, 2021
Hi Everyone:

I applied in January, and my application was returned on March due to miscalculation in the physical presence.
Now I applied again, and it seems AORs are being issued much faster. That's good news.
Good luck everyone!

Type: Paper application (Single)
Physical Presence Days: 1291
Application sent: Aug 9
Delivered: Aug 10
AOR: TBD

albasa

Sep 19, 2014
Type: Paper application
Physical Presence Days: 1448
Application: Single
Application sent: Aug 9
AOR: Pending

tinycottage

Feb 2, 2018
Hi everyone! I'm thinking of finally putting my application for citizenship in this month! I have two little questions.

1. My PR card will expire likely before I could expect to receive a decision regarding citizenship. Is there any reason to wait until I've received my PR renewal before submitting my application for citizenship? (I'm well over the physical presence days requirement.)
2. Are Oath Ceremony dates flexible? I'm considering joining an educational program that will require some out of country time in the future. The dates are not flexible and attendance is mandatory. I'm worried that it could overlap with the Oath Ceremony and that neither would be flexible.

Reactions: northern sunshine

ripujit

Aug 16, 2017
Oakville, Ontario
Hi everyone! I'm thinking of finally putting my application for citizenship in this month! I have two little questions.

1. My PR card will expire likely before I could expect to receive a decision regarding citizenship. Is there any reason to wait until I've received my PR renewal before submitting my application for citizenship? (I'm well over the physical presence days requirement.)
2. Are Oath Ceremony dates flexible? I'm considering joining an educational program that will require some out of country time in the future. The dates are not flexible and attendance is mandatory. I'm worried that it could overlap with the Oath Ceremony and that neither would be flexible.
If at all a situation arises where a decision regarding your citizenship application is not made and your PR card is expiring within 6 months, you can apply for renewal then.
I would like to believe that the Oath Ceremony dates are flexible, they give a window to choose from, but you can always request for a different time window and they should be fine with that.

So no real point in waiting for the reasons above-mentioned.

baltzly

Star Member
May 21, 2019
Physical Presence Days: 1100
Application sent: August 11, 2022
Delivered:

dantheman22

Aug 12, 2022
Physical Presence Days: 1121
Application sent: August 7, 2022
Delivered: August 11, 2022

nishant872

Star Member
May 28, 2018
In the case of online applications when we try ourselves to register and create an account. It says UCI or application error. Has anyone faced this? And possible solutions to resolve this?

WhereAmIQc

Star Member
Jun 3, 2022

In reply to question 2 ) Towards the end of the application process, the Oath ceremony status will change to 'in progress' and they will give you a specific date for the Oath ceremony (not a range of dates as someone else mentioned). Between that moment and about a week before the ceremony itself, you will get an invitation email that contains a pdf file with all the information to prepare for the Oath ceremony. The invitation contains details on how to reschedule the Oath ceremony.

Hope this helps

WhereAmIQc

Star Member
Jun 3, 2022
In the case of online applications when we try ourselves to register and create an account. It says UCI or application error. Has anyone faced this? And possible solutions to resolve this?
You have to wait to receive the AOR email and usually the following you'll be able to register. That's what happened to us.

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Here are My details for the tracker folks, let me know if I need to tag someone or just tag them as a reply :)

Type: Online
Physical Presence Days: 1,103
Application: Single/Family(number of family members)
Application sent: Aug 13, 2022
Delivered: N/A
AOR: N/A