+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
Guys i got a problem. Considering my physical presence is 1095.5 and i forgot to mention my one week absence to the states therefore recalculating i do not meet the physical presence, So what are my options ? Do i wait for travel history from cbsa and send it to CIC mentioning i forgot an absence or do i stay quiet.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Guys i got a problem. Considering my physical presence is 1095.5 and i forgot to mention my one week absence to the states therefore recalculating i do not meet the physical presence, So what are my options ? Do i wait for travel history from cbsa and send it to CIC mentioning i forgot an absence or do i stay quiet.
Oh man, here it comes. This is probably why your physical presence / residence never went to Completed.

No offense, but this is one more reason as to why I recommend applicants to apply with a buffer of at least 2 weeks.

This is what I would do if I were in this situation. I'd withdraw the application ASAP and then re-apply again. The delay in your application makes sense now, I guess. CBSA travel history might have revealed something that you might have forgotten to mention in the physical presence calculator.

Its up to you as to how you'd like to proceed further but since you clearly do not meet the requirements here, I'd strongly suggest that you withdraw the application and submit a new one.

Good luck!

• Sad
Reactions: luvtrump

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
Oh man, here it comes. This is probably why your physical presence / residence never went to Completed.

No offense, but this is one more reason as to why I recommend applicants to apply with a buffer of at least 2 weeks.

This is what I would do if I were in this situation. I'd withdraw the application ASAP and then re-apply again. The delay in your application makes sense now, I guess. CBSA travel history might have revealed something that you might have forgotten to mention in the physical presence calculator.

Its up to you as to how you'd like to proceed further but since you clearly do not meet the requirements here, I'd strongly suggest that you withdraw the application and submit a new one.

Good luck!
applying again would put me in limbo for another year

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
applying again would put me in limbo for another year
Yes, but isn't it better than being flagged for misrepresentation?

Look, I understand that you accidentally skipped a 1 week trip to the US. I understand that but IRCC might not.

I just mentioned what I would do in this case - Withdraw the application and apply again.

The decision is yours, obviously.

Good luck. Whatever you decide, please let us know.

Thanks.

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020

Look, I understand that you accidentally skipped a 1 week trip to the US. I understand that but IRCC might not.

I just mentioned what I would do in this case - Withdraw the application and apply again.

Thanks.
I am seriously considering it but for now ill wait and see and just lay low for a bit.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
oh,,, thats bad.

Thanks.
Correct
I am seriously considering it but for now ill wait and see and just lay low for a bit.
Dont worry, no one is doing it intentionally. Before they adjudicate if you withdraw i think that you can avoid any of that(like misrepresentation etc). But you should act quick before the complete review is my view of escape route. Not sure why you want to wait and give them more chances and take more damage(more than what it already had been for your time and mind).

Spend one day recalculating/verifying/thinking on it and decide if you want to withdraw. But do it quick to avoid any more damage.

Reactions: luvtrump

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........

Good luck!
But this clears my confusion that whether cic ever checks the physical presence using cbsa record instead of relying solely on I94 and passport stamps ;):p

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
But this clears my confusion that whether cic ever checks the physical presence using cbsa record instead of relying solely on I94 and passport stamps ;):p
Yeah the residence checks are mainly based on CBSA records. They ask for further details (PP pages) if they see the need because prior to June 2020, they did NOT collect exit information for people leaving the country by air. So, they'd like to confirm if we actually left on the date we mentioned in the physical presence calculator.

Reactions: harirajmohan

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
oh,,, thats bad.

Correct

Dont worry, no one is doing it intentionally. Before they adjudicate if you withdraw i think that you can avoid any of that(like misrepresentation etc). But you should act quick before the complete review is my view of escape route. Not sure why you want to wait and give them more chances and take more damage(more than what it already had been for your time and mind).

Spend one day recalculating/verifying/thinking on it and decide if you want to withdraw. But do it quick to avoid any more damage.
yeah i did a trip for 6 to 7 days to the States during my eligibility , totally forgot about it,. Most likely ill withdraw but i am waiting for my complete travel history from CBSA so that I do not miss anything this time.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
yeah i did a trip for 6 to 7 days to the States during my eligibility , totally forgot about it,. Most likely ill withdraw but i am waiting for my complete travel history from CBSA so that I do not miss anything this time.
Is your trip showing up in I94 history? Then its same thats being shared with cbsa.

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
Is your trip showing up in I94 history? Then its same thats being shared with cbsa.
No it is not showing in I94 , because I94 keeps stuff for past 5 years and I went somewhere in 2015 march . So even now i do not have the exact dates or any passport stamps. I am waiting my travel history from CBSA.