+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***August 2019 AOR Tracking - join here***

RockingRavi

Jul 29, 2019
Hi everyone

I did my landing yesterday and made it official!
My application was approved February 05
Received COPR February 07

Flew to the US and arrived back at the airport yesterday. There were no problems with my restoration of status situation, COPR stamped and out of the office in about 15 minutes, was a late flight so there was no queue at immigration.

Very happy this is all over and I hope you guys who are waiting get some news soon.
Congratulations, Even I am thinking to go to the border and finish the landing process next week, I wanted to ask you how long you have been out of status for?

molex

Jun 6, 2019
Hello grp...
I have been following the thread just that nothing had materialised with regards to my case.
AOR 8 August 2019
PNP Outland- Alberta
Medical exam passed 27 August 2019
Biometrics enrollment 28 August 2019
It's now day 189 since AOR. Logged a webform with CIC last week and I await feedback. Today employer was called for employment verification.... it got me wondering at which stage employment verification is done? Is it eligibility or background check?? Any idea?

Sntrada

Star Member
Jan 26, 2020
I've anecdotally heard that once a case is marked as RR, then it is removed from the original sequence and put into a new queue, so this disruption can lead to several months' delay. I have seen a few RR cases in 2019 and most of them were finalized within 8 months, so you may be very close to PPR:)
Hmmmm, 2 months more feel like forever away! I'll see what they reply and keep you posted. I've seen a few RR cases finalized within the 6 months, but I know the US resident cases are taking longer according to myimmigration tracker. I'm hoping this is what's holding mine. If they reply that they have cleared eligibility, then I am in good shape. I've actually have two employers call me today, because I applied for jobs, and put that my PR app should be completed by Feb 13th. Awkward. One of them is calling again Weds, hopefully, IRCC has replied by then.

Reactions: baltzly

molex

Jun 6, 2019
Depending on the context, background check can also mean the verification of documents proving your eligibility. With the information you just provided here, we don't really know the exact stage. Usually this means they are checking your eligibility, but in some much less common cases this may suggest quality assurance. I guess it is the former in your case.
Thank you for your response, i guess will have to patiently wait for webform response until then will be quite sure of file progress. Will update you accordingly.

Reactions: baltzly

Sntrada

Star Member
Jan 26, 2020
Also, US-based applications don't always take longer. I personally know someone in the US who got PPR within 5.5 months earlier this year. Now I really feel those trends on the tracker may give us either false hopes or unnecessary concerns as each case seems to have a different trajectory. Only one thing is for sure: there are more and more cases not finalized within 6 months.
Yeah, and maybe some people don't update their info. And I don't even know why I am upset, even if I got PPR today, I probably won't move until April...when it is not freezing. I need to ease into winter, not drop into it. In the meantime I'll focus on building a life in my current country of residence.

Last edited:

rraj.k.das

Sep 18, 2019
My AOR is 7th aug, FSW- outland India.
I did the same for my RnR, asmy HR refused to provide the same, i submitted manager's reference letters and self attested RnR. Could this be the reason of delayed PPR?
Could be one of the reason? Did you try calling CIC helpline or raising webform to know the status.
It might help you in knowing of your application is under 'Review Required'.

Ecast

Feb 7, 2020
Hello grp...
I have been following the thread just that nothing had materialised with regards to my case.
AOR 8 August 2019
PNP Outland- Alberta
Medical exam passed 27 August 2019
Biometrics enrollment 28 August 2019
It's now day 189 since AOR. Logged a webform with CIC last week and I await feedback. Today employer was called for employment verification.... it got me wondering at which stage employment verification is done? Is it eligibility or background check?? Any idea?

It's been about 6.5 months for me and still nothing. I currently live in the USA, only thing that changed for me was medical pass back in August 15. Still waiting...
Do you happen to know what questions they asked your employer? Was it a phone call or an email?

molex

Jun 6, 2019
It's been about 6.5 months for me and still nothing. I currently live in the USA, only thing that changed for me was medical pass back in August 15. Still waiting...
Do you happen to know what questions they asked your employer? Was it a phone call or an email?
They called and asked if they have an employee by my name and if i was still employed with the company. Nothing else!

molex

Jun 6, 2019
Thank you for your response, i guess will have to patiently wait for webform response until then will be quite sure of file progress. Will update you accordingly.
Webform response says my application has been approved and I shld wait for the PPR email....

Reactions: Sntrada

ravirex

Apr 26, 2019
My application has been at the etobicoke VO, Dont know since when. 6 months finished on feb 5. Any clue on what happens at the local VO after the file is approved? Called the agent today, she said she has sent a note. Would have to apply for work permit extension if I dont get the PPR soon.

BUG

Jan 29, 2020
Hi,

I have been a silent reader except a couple of comments, I applied on Aug 1st and got it approved on 28th Jan, received my COPR today.. To those of you who think they are struck at Sydney VO, hang tight I was sydney VO, processed within said time and then transferred to CPC Ottawa as I am a resident of USA. All the very best for those of who you are waiting, may you receive as soon as possible and congrats to those who have already received.

Regards and stay blessed.