+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***August 2019 AOR Tracking - join here***

SurfacePro

Oct 3, 2019
Yeah, that's right! I do feel fortunate that I landed right before everything was shut down. However, my PR card becomes the only remaining issue in the entire PR application. Still having something hanging in the air is definitely not a good feeling. Without the PR card, this PR application process is technically still "in progress"...

Hi Have you received your PR card yet?

baltzly

May 21, 2019
Hi Have you received your PR card yet?
Hi

No I haven't received it yet. The new processing time for initial PR cards on IRCC website is 113 days, which means almost 4 months after landing. I landed roughly 70 days ago, so I guess I have to wait for another 1.5 months at least.

baltzly

May 21, 2019
Spoke to an agent today. They told me that they are working on solemn declarations from February 06. Its going to be at least another 3 months until I can get a new PR card. I am so angry and disappointed.
Hey

Have you noticed that the processing time for solemn declaration is now 248 days on IRCC website? That is insanely long and frustrating....

baltzly

May 21, 2019
It’s beyond frustrating. I will have been a PR for a year before I get my card. I’m going to try and contact them I think
I think they will tell you they can neither give you a precise timeframe nor speed up the process.... Now the processing time for initial PR cards is more than 110 days, and I am still waiting.

LilyBee

Oct 27, 2019
Update**

I officially landed in Canada today 06/01/20. I flew into Vancouver, and the whole process was smooth. Now I will be quarantined for 14 days. I had to make this trip because my COPR was to expire on the 26th of June. I am glad I am officially a Permanent Resident of Canada. Now the wait has started for the PR card. Goodluck to everyone waiting for this day.

Reactions: baltzly

wdvrdx111

Oct 1, 2019
Just had another frustrating call with IRCC today to learn my background is still in progress and security not started yet. It seems my files have not been touched since my eligibility passed in late March. Any August fellows have any insights or experience to share regarding security check progress?

baltzly

May 21, 2019
Update**

I officially landed in Canada today 06/01/20. I flew into Vancouver, and the whole process was smooth. Now I will be quarantined for 14 days. I had to make this trip because my COPR was to expire on the 26th of June. I am glad I am officially a Permanent Resident of Canada. Now the wait has started for the PR card. Goodluck to everyone waiting for this day.
Congrats

The processing time for PR card is now more than 100 days, so you really have some serious waiting to do haha

baltzly

May 21, 2019
Just had another frustrating call with IRCC today to learn my background is still in progress and security not started yet. It seems my files have not been touched since my eligibility passed in late March. Any August fellows have any insights or experience to share regarding security check progress?
I have experienced SS. Which specific aspect of security check would you like to know more about?

RockingRavi

Jul 29, 2019
Hello guys,
Something weird happened today, I got an email this morning saying they need some more time to process my PR application, but my PR application has been approved since February and I already received my PR card as well.
Did anyone else get this email?

wdvrdx111

Oct 1, 2019
I have experienced SS. Which specific aspect of security check would you like to know more about?
To be honest, I have no clue about what has been examined in terms of my security check. The customer service simply replied that my background was still in process and security was not started. Does that suggest a SS or just a regularity due to extended processing time nowadays?
Many thanks ahead!

baltzly

May 21, 2019
Hello guys,
Something weird happened today, I got an email this morning saying they need some more time to process my PR application, but my PR application has been approved since February and I already received my PR card as well.
Did anyone else get this email?
Hey mate

Did you call them to confirm that was a genuine email from IRCC? Maybe it was just a system glitch?

baltzly

May 21, 2019
To be honest, I have no clue about what has been examined in terms of my security check. The customer service simply replied that my background was still in process and security was not started. Does that suggest a SS or just a regularity due to extended processing time nowadays?
Many thanks ahead!
IF that is the case, I believe you are yet to reach the security check stage. The term "background check" they used most likely refers to eligibility and criminality. I think it is just a prolonged processing time due to the pandemic. At this point you don't know what kind of security check will be conducted on your application.

RockingRavi

Jul 29, 2019
Hey mate

Did you call them to confirm that was a genuine email from IRCC? Maybe it was just a system glitch?
Yeah I called them today, the agent was really nice and told me that my PR application is long closed and she couldn’t find any note or anything on the file recently to justify that email I got, she just asked me to disregard that mail.