August 2018 Application

Laziophilic

Nov 10, 2011
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
09-05-2016
So I am planning to reallocate within Vancouver Island to Nanaimo towards the end of the month, what should I do with my application as I used my current address that will be changed by end of this month. Appreciate your feedback! Thanks

oomuchi

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Doc's Request.
RPRF's Request :30-11-2015
Nomination.....
T4/NoA 2015 :Upfront end of July
AOR Received.
16-02-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
March 2015 to Ottawa
Med's Request
27-11-2015
Med's Done....
04-12-2015
Interview........
na
Passport Req..
14-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
09-01-2016

whips

Star Member
Nov 17, 2013
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2014
Nomination.....
04-10-2014
Med's Request
27-10-2014
Med's Done....
07-11-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2014
LANDED..........
01-03-2015
Unfortunately my application was returned for being incomplete! It turns out I missed a single checkbox (grrrrrrr!) Despite me going over it a few dozen times I somehow missed a checkbox.

Question:

I submitted originally a family of 3, the other 2 applications had a note attached saying they are considered complete but could not be processed because one is incomplete.

The returned applications also had the pictures affixed to them. Do I have to redo a whole new application with new photos, or can I just simply tick the checkbox and return as is?

Since IRCC officer attached the photos to the form, do I need to discard and take new photos?

Since I know exactly what the mistake is, I don't want my application to be returned a second a time. Thanks for your response.

citizenhope

Aug 23, 2018
Unfortunately my application was returned for being incomplete! It turns out I missed a single checkbox (grrrrrrr!) Despite me going over it a few dozen times I somehow missed a checkbox.

Question:

I submitted originally a family of 3, the other 2 applications had a note attached saying they are considered complete but could not be processed because one is incomplete.

The returned applications also had the pictures affixed to them. Do I have to redo a whole new application with new photos, or can I just simply tick the checkbox and return as is?

Since IRCC officer attached the photos to the form, do I need to discard and take new photos?

Since I know exactly what the mistake is, I don't want my application to be returned a second a time. Thanks for your response.
My April application came back for exactly the same reason. I called CIC to ask about the photos (in August). They told me that the date of the photo needs to be under six months by the time CIC receives the application (the time of AOR), and that by October I will be fine. I had taken the original photos in April. So when I applied in August, I assumed that they open the application at least in October (if not later), and I was on the 6-month border. I decided not to risk it and to take new photos. The difference for me is that, I re-applied quite late. My application got returned in July but I applied in late August. If you took your photos in August, and you want to apply now in October, you are safe.

Janjoun

Sep 14, 2018
fortunately my application was returned for being incomplete! It turns out I missed a single checkbox (grrrrrrr!) Despite me going over it a few dozen times I somehow missed a checkbox.

Question:

Send it back ASAP, and you should be fine if the photos were taken in end July or in August.

While currently it is taking CIC around 2 months to send AORs, they usually get slower closer to December. So keep that in mind.

whips

Star Member
Nov 17, 2013
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2014
Nomination.....
04-10-2014
Med's Request
27-10-2014
Med's Done....
07-11-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2014
LANDED..........
01-03-2015
Send it back ASAP, and you should be fine if the photos were taken in end July or in August.

While currently it is taking CIC around 2 months to send AORs, they usually get slower closer to December. So keep that in mind.
Thanks, I inserted the corrected page and sent back everything as is. Photos I took mid July so they should still be good.

brill

Dec 11, 2009
Please add me to the August List!

ID: Brill
App type: Family (5 members)
Physical Presence: 1098 days
App Sent: Mailed 19 August 2018
App Recieved: 24th August by Xpress Canada Post

nirjhar

Star Member
Aug 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
24-09-2013
Med's Request
02-10-2014
Med's Done....
08-10-2014
Passport Req..
05-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2015
Hi,
Please add me to the list.

ID: nirjhar
App type: Family (2 members)
Physical Presence: 1162 days
App Sent: Mailed 14 August 2018
App Recieved: 20th August

Also, how can I check the list?

hardnut

Aug 23, 2018
Brampton, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi, IND
App. Filed.......
11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-2011
LANDED..........
10-2011
My April application came back for exactly the same reason. I called CIC to ask about the photos (in August). They told me that the date of the photo needs to be under six months by the time CIC receives the application (the time of AOR), and that by October I will be fine. I had taken the original photos in April. So when I applied in August, I assumed that they open the application at least in October (if not later), and I was on the 6-month border. I decided not to risk it and to take new photos. The difference for me is that, I re-applied quite late. My application got returned in July but I applied in late August. If you took your photos in August, and you want to apply now in October, you are safe.
You said " by the time CIC receives the application ( the time of AOR)" both are way different. AOR is when they open your application , not when they receive it. Opening could be even 3 months from receiving .
Your photos should be dated under 6 months when they receive it and not when they open it. How is the applicant supposed to
time the date on his photos with respect to AOR time, when it is so variable ; even
3 months in some cases , going by the spreadsheets.

Last edited:

jimmylama88

Star Member
Aug 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-May-2015
AOR Received.
31-July-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
28-Dec-2015
Passport Req..
25-May-2016
Hi fellow Aug applicants!

My two sisters and I sent our applications together. We have a couple of questions:

1) Do you think CIC would process them faster because we are a familiar unit (siblings)? I know they will be processed as single applications, just wondering if they would be processed at the same time.

2) Also, my big sister (whose husband and two kids are Canadian) renewed her passport 2 weeks ago. We applied Aug 9th, and her old passport is due to expire Oct 19th. She will be sending copies of the new one before the expiry date. She will also submit those copies with an explanation letter (one has already been sent with the original application explaining that the passport would be renewed). Do you think the fact that CIC has to update her passport number could delay the processing timeline?

We still haven't received AOR but know that we should be receiving it in a couple of weeks.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

citizenhope

Aug 23, 2018
You are correct. I meant the time of AOR, not the physical received date.
What I mentioned in the other post is exactly what the CIC agent told me when I called and asked. She said that they look at the date of the photo at the same time as AOR. She told me (in August): "If you send your application now, by the time we look at it, with the processing of 2-months these days, we will be looking at your application in October". That's exactly what she said.
It is always good to call again and ask. It would be either they confirm the same statement, or just different agents have different opinions; I don't know. But I agree with your rationale. How are we supposed to know how much time they take for AOR!

You said " by the time CIC receives the application ( the time of AOR)" both are way different. AOR is when they open your application , not when they receive it. Opening could be even 3 months from receiving .
Your photos should be dated under 6 months when they receive it and not when they open it. How is the applicant supposed to
time the date on his photos with respect to AOR time, when it is so variable ; even
3 months in some cases , going by the spreadsheets.

hardnut

Aug 23, 2018
Brampton, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi, IND
App. Filed.......
11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-2011
LANDED..........
10-2011
You are correct. I meant the time of AOR, not the physical received date.
What I mentioned in the other post is exactly what the CIC agent told me when I called and asked. She said that they look at the date of the photo at the same time as AOR. She told me (in August): "If you send your application now, by the time we look at it, with the processing of 2-months these days, we will be looking at your application in October". That's exactly what she said.
It is always good to call again and ask. It would be either they confirm the same statement, or just different agents have different opinions; I don't know. But I agree with your rationale. How are we supposed to know how much time they take for AOR!
Thanks.
My photo was taken in mid May and my appl. was received in the first week of Sept. Going by the AOR timing, my appl will be returned if they don't open it by mid Nov. ( 2 months and 10 days from receipt).
Which is entirely possible, as I noticed in the spreadsheet, no one among first week Aug applicants has reported AOR yet . And it has been more than 2 months.

Last edited:

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
Hi fellow Aug applicants!

My two sisters and I sent our applications together. We have a couple of questions:

1) Do you think CIC would process them faster because we are a familiar unit (siblings)? I know they will be processed as single applications, just wondering if they would be processed at the same time.

2) Also, my big sister (whose husband and two kids are Canadian) renewed her passport 2 weeks ago. We applied Aug 9th, and her old passport is due to expire Oct 19th. She will be sending copies of the new one before the expiry date. She will also submit those copies with an explanation letter (one has already been sent with the original application explaining that the passport would be renewed). Do you think the fact that CIC has to update her passport number could delay the processing timeline?

We still haven't received AOR but know that we should be receiving it in a couple of weeks.

Thoughts?
1. No
2. No

yka10

Feb 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......