+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 AOR - join here

ba24123n

Star Member
Nov 9, 2018
Guys, I was in the USA when I applied for my PR and then had to come back to India due to some visa issues. I raised a CSE earlier to change my mailing address from that of USA to an Indian one but did not know that my country of residence is still shown as USA instead of India. I raised multiple CSEs afterwards for documents uploading, changing contact information etc. and not sure if raising another CSE will irritate the case review officer and mess the whole thing. I do not want to take any chances in delaying the process further as I crossed the 6-month mark already and the status of my PR is "We are checking if you meet the eligibility requirements".

Can anyone suggest if it is better to change that field (or) have it remain as it is until my PR gets processed ?

mainak.g

Star Member
Oct 13, 2016
Can anyone please send me a link to login to my express entry profile. Every time I have issues logging in. It always takes me to the home page where it asks you to select language (English/French). Is there any better way to log in at one shot? I have tried using both Chrome and IE. Same issue. I am using the GCKey login and password.

Tinaaah

Oct 18, 2018
Since I got my PPR yesterday and planning to move to Canada in June.

I would like my in laws to go along with us in our initial days of settlement.

I am thinking of applying for a visitor visa for them.

Please suggest should I answer the question of family member as PR of Canada as yes or no for them?

And also, should I disclose my PR in their application and what should I mention as purpose of visit?
I think if you want to use your PR status for the visitor visa, you need to have arrived in Canada and registered in the country as a PR.
2. Purpose for visiting could be anything, you just need to have a justified reason, how long they will stay, where they will be staying during the visit.

artificial.nocturne

Jan 25, 2018
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
CBSA is the same as GCMS notes. The only difference is that u'll find your security info in it.

U must order if your security has started over 2 months back and has not be completed yet.
Did the CBSA notes help you gain any clarity or it just got you more confused? Is the delay justified? Honestly I am getting real tired of all the waiting too :(

Abdelilah

Apr 8, 2017
Calgary
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/08/2018
Doc's Request.
07/11/2018
AOR Received.
19/08/2018
LANDED..........
17/02/2019
Can anyone please send me a link to login to my express entry profile. Every time I have issues logging in. It always takes me to the home page where it asks you to select language (English/French). Is there any better way to log in at one shot? I have tried using both Chrome and IE. Same issue. I am using the GCKey login and password.
There you go :

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html

Choose the GCkey option, If you still have some troubles try to launch a private browsing session or try a different browser, it helps sometime.

Abdelilah

Apr 8, 2017
Calgary
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/08/2018
Doc's Request.
07/11/2018
AOR Received.
19/08/2018
LANDED..........
17/02/2019
Guys, I was in the USA when I applied for my PR and then had to come back to India due to some visa issues. I raised a CSE earlier to change my mailing address from that of USA to an Indian one but did not know that my country of residence is still shown as USA instead of India. I raised multiple CSEs afterwards for documents uploading, changing contact information etc. and not sure if raising another CSE will irritate the case review officer and mess the whole thing. I do not want to take any chances in delaying the process further as I crossed the 6-month mark already and the status of my PR is "We are checking if you meet the eligibility requirements".

Can anyone suggest if it is better to change that field (or) have it remain as it is until my PR gets processed ?
You did the right thing by informing them, did you try to reach an agent ? if not then do, that's the fastest way to know what's happening.

ba24123n

Star Member
Nov 9, 2018
You did the right thing by informing them, did you try to reach an agent ? if not then do, that's the fastest way to know what's happening.
I raised a CSE earlier and did not reach an agent via a call. My worry is, is it okay to raise too many CSEs when the PR application is being processed ? I just do not want to mess it up and delay the processing timeline.

Ashwinder

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
Hi guys..i m sept 13 AOR... my 6 month time frame s over still stuck at eligibility...ny idea how much time nw fr ppr

Abdelilah

Apr 8, 2017
Calgary
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/08/2018
Doc's Request.
07/11/2018
AOR Received.
19/08/2018
LANDED..........
17/02/2019
I raised a CSE earlier and did not reach an agent via a call. My worry is, is it okay to raise too many CSEs when the PR application is being processed ? I just do not want to mess it up and delay the processing timeline.
My advise is not to raise multiple CSE for the same thing, I was in a situation where I raised a CSE which didn't show up in my account, I just waited impatiently :) until they reacted, try again to call an agent, you have to persist like 3 to 4 times before reaching one.

MERCYANDGRACE5

Star Member
Feb 7, 2019
Since I got my PPR yesterday and planning to move to Canada in June.

I would like my in laws to go along with us in our initial days of settlement.

I am thinking of applying for a visitor visa for them.

Please suggest should I answer the question of family member as PR of Canada as yes or no for them?

And also, should I disclose my PR in their application and what should I mention as purpose of visit?
There s this super visa thing for parents. Pls elders in the forum wade in...