+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 AOR - join here

go canada 123

Star Member
Aug 20, 2018
Hello everyone,
I got my AOR on 1st aug and completed the biometric on 4th sep. do you know what is the next step and how long does it take normally to request my passport after the biometric?
From the date of AOR, it takes around 6 months for PPR. You have around 5 more months to go.

Reactions: Aarti123

ozoozo

Star Member
Oct 5, 2017
Hello everyone,
I got my AOR on 1st aug and completed the biometric on 4th sep. do you know what is the next step and how long does it take normally to request my passport after the biometric?
What is your status? in the Back ground check ?

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
I am in a WhatsApp group and many Nigerians in that group have been to similar update stages.
In my understanding this is partly because IRCC has now started requesting biometrics and the message reads: 'You now need to give your fingerprints and photo (biometrics) when you apply for permanent residence if you are from Europe, the Middle East or Africa'. Probably because of this they, post AOR, right away start the security checks and people see their BGC as IP-2 from the beginning.
I think it's quite normal and no one really needs to panic about such BGC changes.
I get what you mean now. "Nigerian citizens with AOR from August 2018". Not just Nigerian citizens.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
It's true, everyone who applied in August got the same BGC status.
Yes, from July 31, 2018. Not those with prior AORs

anotherone11

May 8, 2018
Has anyone here uploaded IMM 5475 form? It is mentioned in the letter that "Please upload these documents to your MyCIC account by September 23, 2018." Do i need to upload it using webform?

1. I have filled it online, so what do i need to fill for office where the application was submitted and location of office.

Last edited:

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Hey guys. How do I identify on the immitracker which applications have been successfully completed? I still see the status in July and June as "active" although they all got PPR.
Those who have gotten PPRs are colour coded GREEN.
Medicals passed is a light blue
Just AOR is pale yellow.

anotherone11

May 8, 2018
Has anyone here uploaded IMM 5475 form? It is mentioned in the letter that "Please upload these documents to your MyCIC account by September 23, 2018." Do i need to upload it using webform?

1. I have filled it online, so what do i need to fill for office where the application was submitted and location of office.

Update:- I have put Central Intake Office - SYdney, nova scotia . Hoping for it to be right.

HiBh

Star Member
Jul 1, 2018
This is so quick...Which category did you apply?? Inland or Outland? Could you please share your timeline???
@mayple
My AOR is 21st August
MEP: 11th Sep
Biometric:13th Sep
Biometric Done: 16th Sep
Biometric: Completed
Medical: Passed:
BG: We are processing your Background check, we will contact you if we need more information.
Others: Nothings changes.
your application has moved pretty fast! Congratulations:)

HiBh

Star Member
Jul 1, 2018
Those with AOR on or after 20th - what is the current status for background check after medical?

I’m trying to figure out the IP1 and IP2 statuses - reading on other threads it seems these statuses are user defined and don’t necessarily exist in CIC systems.

What does “Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check” mean/signify with respect to status ?
mine is AOR 29 aug and my message reads : We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
This is the status since aug 29. Yours reads a bit different. That sure means something has moved on your profile.

Mamker

Jul 20, 2014
What is your status? in the Back ground check ?
The status in the background check is "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information"?
Do they normally request anything after the biometric?

MAK2018

Sep 17, 2018
My AOR date : 08th August
MEP: 5th Sep
BG: We are processing your Background check, we will contact you if we need more information.
Others: Nothings changes

EE456

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
Those with AOR on or after 20th - what is the current status for background check after medical?

I’m trying to figure out the IP1 and IP2 statuses - reading on other threads it seems these statuses are user defined and don’t necessarily exist in CIC systems.

What does “Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check” mean/signify with respect to status ?
It means only your eligibility,application completeness and your medical are being checked now. Your background check hasn't started yet.