+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 AOR - join here

expressca

Jun 22, 2018
Regarding my biometrics status - We need your fingerprints to process your application - though I've done biometrics on September 12, yesterday I reported a technical issue, and raised CSE with the description of the problem. But the issue is that when raising CSE, you have to choose your visa office, which is processing your application. And your claim is directed there. As for me, I have no idea, which visa office is mine.
There is a CSE form that is non-country specific.

Anchalkakroo

Aug 23, 2018
New Delhi, India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-08-2018
Doc's Request.
10-09-2018
AOR Received.
19-08-2018
Med's Done....
09-09-2018
AOR 15th August
MEP 13th September
PR 5th October

Goodluck to everyone, I'm a nigerian based in South Korea, single
congrats for the mail.

gau55555

Aug 6, 2018
Hello,
I have been monitoring the forum everyday. What did I miss here ? :D
When you say many of us, you mean the August group or the applicants in general ? I have this question because , I see people from June group already celebrating the festive season but I doubt celebrations are yet to start for August army, a long way to go rather. Please correct me if I missed any updates on the forum.

Cheers!
Dude, The Festive season only starts now... It remains till the time you get the PPR. So hold on, the festivities have just begun!

Reactions: Priscilla1

hellgirl11

Star Member
Aug 14, 2018
tunisia
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
Hi Guys,
While checking the status of my application today it was ''updated'' (without any real update ) but after 2 minutes it went back to submitted
any idea about what can this be? ghost update? or false alarm ?

AOR: 03 aug 2018
Biometrics submitted : 06 sep 2018
IP2 since Sep 2018

Reactions: SRayhan87

ankit_sachdeva

Aug 22, 2018
Hi Guys,
While checking the status of my application today it was ''updated'' (without any real update ) but after 2 minutes it went back to submitted

IP2 since Sep 2018
I think you are about to get your PPR mail soon. :)

hellgirl11

Star Member
Aug 14, 2018
tunisia
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
I think you are about to get your PPR mail soon. :)
I Hope so, im really stressed and by the way Im PNP Outland and i read a lot of reviews that this stream takes 6 months and im on my second month now, so i hope that this is not a false alert really

Asiv adanac

Sep 18, 2018
App. Filed.......
Fsw outland (india)
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
Clearly, despite the status saying “IP1” CIC was conducting checks in the background and the moment they were done (assuming on 2nd) they issued the PPR the next day(3rd). Therefore, there is no set strategy for IP1 to IP2 etc.
Conducting Background check for USA applicants is very easy for Canada. USA has already done all the hardwork of strigent security checks, before they gave access to a person to reside in USA. Security records that are reqd later on, are given by the FBI, as and when reqd or requested. So Canada has a cake dressed ready to be taken and all they need to do, is to put a cherry on top :D and this reduces the background check time (IP2) dramatically for usa residents unlike residents from other countries.

hellgirl11

Star Member
Aug 14, 2018
tunisia
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
Conducting Background check for USA applicants is very easy for Canada. USA has already done all the hardwork of strigent security checks, before they gave access to a person to reside in USA. Security records that are reqd later on, are given by the FBI as and when reqd or requested. So Canada has a cake dressed already and in their hands and all they need to do, is to put a cherry on top :D and this reduces the background check time (IP2) dramatically for usa residents unlike residents from other countries.
oh would that be my case? because i reside in Algeria but i work in USA Embassy , can that be a reason why i jumped to IP2 very quickly and i got my ghost update not email today after 2 months only?

Reactions: Priscilla1

EE456

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
oh would that be my case? because i reside in Algeria but i work in USA Embassy , can that be a reason why i jumped to IP2 very quickly and i got my ghost update not email today after 2 months only?
The update you're referring to could very well be a result of the completeness check. You should get 2, one for completeness check and another after your biometrics are uploaded to CIC. At least, that was the case for me.

hellgirl11

Star Member
Aug 14, 2018
tunisia
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
The update you're referring to could very well be a result of the completeness check. You should get 2, one for completeness check and another after your biometrics are uploaded to CIC. At least, that was the case for me.
For biometrics its already done since 06 september 2018 but what do you mean about completeness?

EE456

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
For biometrics its already done since 06 september 2018 but what do you mean about completeness?
When something is completed in your application, you see the "application updated" change. When you submit your application, the first step for CIC is to check whether you had submitted all the required documents and that's called the completeness check and this could be the reason why you saw "application updated".

hellgirl11

Star Member
Aug 14, 2018
tunisia
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
When something is completed in your application, you see the "application updated" change. When you submit your application, the first step for CIC is to check whether you had submitted all the required documents and that's called the completeness check and this could be the reason why you saw "application updated".
understood but this can not be the case if im in IP2 now, medical are done and biometrics are done

MoraesJ

Sep 19, 2018
Egypt
Hi Guys,

IP2 since Sep 2018
I have a similar timeline
AOR 3rd Aug
MEP and biometrics 6th Sep
Biometrics completed 10th Sep
Ghost update 2nd Oct

I wish I hadn't seen this update it's making me nervous...lol