Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
I checked my dashboard (the new one) yesterday and it was finally updated and everything was completed except the language skills, citizenship test (Which I do not need to do as I am over 55), and citizenship ceremony. I checked the old On-Line service to check my status and it was said: "Decision Made"! What does it mean as I have not done the interview yet? Does it mean that they waved the interview? Any idea?
Interview is not mandatory. So you should be good to wait for oath invite(if old ecas shows as DM). COngrats.

Reactions: VZJJD

MrChazz

May 4, 2021
So in that case what about the interview? Am I going to do it or it has just been waved?
"Final decision" means that everything has been considered and a final determination has been reached regarding your application. That is, there are no other matters to be considered with regard to the decision. Final.

I hope that finally clears it up for you.

VZJJD

May 1, 2019
"Final decision" means that everything has been considered and a final determination has been reached regarding your application. That is, there are no other matters to be considered with regard to the decision. Final.

I hope that finally clears it up for you.
Thank you!

bpjeee

Star Member
May 30, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2009
Doc's Request.
Aug 2009
Med's Done....
Nov 2010
Passport Req..
April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 2011
LANDED..........
July 2011
I checked my dashboard (the new one) yesterday and it was finally updated and everything was completed except the language skills, citizenship test (Which I do not need to do as I am over 55), and citizenship ceremony. I checked the old On-Line service to check my status and it was said: "Decision Made"! What does it mean as I have not done the interview yet? Does it mean that they waved the interview? Any idea?
Very glad to hear this. congratulations. i am still waiting......

bpjeee

Star Member
May 30, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2009
Doc's Request.
Aug 2009
Med's Done....
Nov 2010
Passport Req..
April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 2011
LANDED..........
July 2011
Hopefully, you will here soon. Have you checked the old version of status checking? I mean The on-line Service?
Nothing yet. So what I understand from you, no one contacted you and you did not receive any email, just your online status changed. Wow I hope my case also goes in so smoothly.. Thanks and you have made me see some hope again.. Take Care...

VZJJD

May 1, 2019
Nothing yet. So what I understand from you, no one contacted you and you did not receive any email, just your online status changed. Wow I hope my case also goes in so smoothly.. Thanks and you have made me see some hope again.. Take Care...
Hopefully, this will be over soon! I am not sure how long it will take to get the oath date letter after the decision is made?

Reactions: bpjeee

freediagram

Star Member
May 24, 2016
After 2 years and 4 months, my background verification finally shows complete, but other categories (prohibitions, language, physical presence) are still in progress. It's so frustrating. I hope they don't take another 2 years to complete other categories.

• Sad
Reactions: bpjeee and CaBeaver

bpjeee

Star Member
May 30, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2009
Doc's Request.
Aug 2009
Med's Done....
Nov 2010
Passport Req..
April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 2011
LANDED..........
July 2011
After 2 years and 4 months, my background verification finally shows complete, but other categories (prohibitions, language, physical presence) are still in progress. It's so frustrating. I hope they don't take another 2 years to complete other categories.
my background verification shows as compete since a few months. but nothing after that.... anyhow wish you good luck... take care...

• Sad
Reactions: freediagram

MW2015

Apr 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Everything is complete on mine except for physical presence and has been about the same time frame, 2 years 4 Months. Feel like we are being passed over for easier applications. No one wants to bother with the more complicated paperwork applications.

• Sad
Reactions: freediagram

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Everything is complete on mine except for physical presence and has been about the same time frame, 2 years 4 Months. Feel like we are being passed over for easier applications. No one wants to bother with the more complicated paperwork applications.
I'm so sorry to hear that you are still waiting. But it can be a good sign that all others have completed except physical presence. But as soon as that is done the rest is gonna move very fast like oath. You are getting there!

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Why has your application been considered more complicated with RQ?

MW2015

Apr 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Why has your application been considered more complicated with RQ?
Used to travel a lot for work and had a lot of in and out of the country travel. Mainly to the US. Which the records are not kept very well on both side of the borders. Canada does not even know when you crossed into the US and only knows when you crossed back. Just seems crazy how bad their records are. They are supposed to be correcting it but not sure when that will be.

Reactions: CaBeaver