+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2018 AOR - join here

Kingever

Dec 13, 2018
I contacted MP as well. They are not ready to ask CIC on my behalf. Though I asked them to contact CIC after 12 weeks, they told me that if we ask them again and again it will have a negative impact on my application.
Yes, when they contacted them initially in early Feb they said to contact after 8 wks and that was their latest reply

Reactions: minhajunnisa.cse

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
does someone know the difference between the two :
1) application is in queue to be reviewed by an officer
2) application is awaiting the review of an agent.

they seem to mean the same or not @legalfalcon
Agent and officer are two different things. Usually officers are the ones who make decision on the file. They have the final authority. However, to assist them, there are assistants, analysts and other people. These are collectively known as agents.

Ro1985ko

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
Agent and officer are two different things. Usually officers are the ones who make decision on the file. They have the final authority. However, to assist them, there are assistants, analysts and other people. These are collectively known as agents.
thank you @legalfalcon
is it correct to assume that the 2nd email means that the application is still under eligibility review at a CIO level from an Agent
and the first one means that eligibility is done, the application is moved to LVO office for final review and eventually PPR from an Officer?

minhajunnisa.cse

Star Member
Oct 26, 2018
anyone who's medical exams are going to expire next week? what is the procedure about that?
My medicals expired yesterday. :( No update on re-medicals. I called IRCC but they told me if they need me to do re-medicals they will inform. Until then I have to just wait for them to communicate.

antiname

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
I just got my GCMS notes. Background check started March 4th. Please let me know your thoughts from below. Appreciate it very much.

Assessment
Eligibility: Passed
Security: (blank indacted S15.1 on the top right hand corner)
Criminality: Passed
Medical: Passed

Paper File
Office: Hong Kong

Application assignment
Due date: 2019/04/05

Note 1: (latest note) S15.1 on the top right hand corner

Text: ...C officer review. integr search completed: No adverse info - Required PCs: on file - no crim rec Paper file review: no concerns - no gaps ...C Passed RFV check please.

Last edited:

overnight

Jun 19, 2018
I just got my GCMS notes. Background check started March 4th. Please let me know your thoughts from below. Appreciate it very much.

Assessment

Paper File

Application assignment

Text: ...C officer review. integr search completed: No adverse info - Required PCs: on file - no crim rec Paper file review: no concerns - no gaps ...C Passed RFV check please.
What is your AOR?

hahaHHH

Star Member
May 27, 2017
Category........

Assessment

Paper File

Application assignment

How come your application is a paper file and not an Express Entry?

Sadamu3131

Apr 1, 2019
Hi,
I am from Pakistan.
My spouse and I submitted our application on the 23rd of April 2018. Our status had been the same as it was a month after applying, which is: medicals passed, background check being processed, no biometrics, interview or additional documents required.
However, the 14th of March we got the second medical examination request as our upfront medicals had expired in February. We had our medical done last week and today as per the updated status we have passed our medicals. The rest of the application steps are the same. Wondering what's next!
Would appreciate if someone who has had a similar experience can share their story. Our life has been on hold for over a year now despite having a very straightforward case. How much longer do you guys think we will have to wait? Your responses will be appreciated.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
thank you @legalfalcon
is it correct to assume that the 2nd email means that the application is still under eligibility review at a CIO level from an Agent
and the first one means that eligibility is done, the application is moved to LVO office for final review and eventually PPR from an Officer?
No speculations. If in doubt, refer to your GCMS notes or patiently wait.