+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2018 AOR - join here

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
PPR cases of people residing particularly in the USA move much faster.
This is just an assumption. Movement of cases depending on applicants- stream, documentation they submitted, travel history etc.

If they have e.g. have an extensive travel history and to certain regions which maybe high on the authorities radar, it will surely take a lot more time for background and security checks...

Again this just my opinion.

ravidgohil@gmail.com

Mar 8, 2017
A query for a friend of mine. Seniors please help out.

I was arrested and charged under Canadian criminal code in summer 2015, later in January 2016 the charges were withdrawn, and in August 2017 all my records were erased (file destruction) by Toronto Police and RCMP, I received a letter stating the same, I ordered RCMP fingerprint report last October and the report had nothing, no records were found. (Means He is admissible to Canada as he was approved for Study & work permit after this incident)

Now, when I apply for PR, they are asking in statutory questions, have you ever been arrested, committed, convicted or charged with an offence under criminal code of any country? What should be my answer? Do I still have the arrest record? Even if my records were destructed? Even my RCMP report doesn’t show anything?

What are the odds for rejection or delay in the process?

Seniors please advise. Thank you

hammam

Star Member
Aug 17, 2017
Hi,

I have a question, in my documents checklist, there was no entry for IELTS test result. So, I haven't uploaded it. Is that OK?

RAJ009F

Star Member
Nov 10, 2015
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi,

I have a question, in my documents checklist, there was no entry for IELTS test result. So, I haven't uploaded it. Is that OK?
ITS NOT OK! you should have appended with your Education documents. But, no worries you probabliy get an ADR from CIC. so that you can upload at that time.

However, there is a portal to upload and inform cic now also.

hammam

Star Member
Aug 17, 2017
ITS NOT OK! you should have appended with your Education documents. But, no worries you probabliy get an ADR from CIC. so that you can upload at that time.

However, there is a portal to upload and inform cic now also.
So, you suggest waiting or be proactive and submit them (how?). I've AOR on Apr 5th

smcan2014

Oct 27, 2014
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
06-01-2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
A query for a friend of mine. Seniors please help out.

I was arrested and charged under Canadian criminal code in summer 2015, later in January 2016 the charges were withdrawn, and in August 2017 all my records were erased (file destruction) by Toronto Police and RCMP, I received a letter stating the same, I ordered RCMP fingerprint report last October and the report had nothing, no records were found. (Means He is admissible to Canada as he was approved for Study & work permit after this incident)

Now, when I apply for PR, they are asking in statutory questions, have you ever been arrested, committed, convicted or charged with an offence under criminal code of any country? What should be my answer? Do I still have the arrest record? Even if my records were destructed? Even my RCMP report doesn’t show anything?

What are the odds for rejection or delay in the process?

Seniors please advise. Thank you
I am no senior, but I will still cast my opinion. If I were you, I would say "YES" to arrest and then explain everything from why I was arrested to withdrawal of charges.

Last edited: