+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

applying FROM Canada, additional documents?

ranameraj

Star Member
Oct 22, 2010
119
21
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
I am going to apply for my PR this week. I am currently living in Canada on a work permit, and I'm going to send my application package to Sydney, NS.

If I am living in Canada, do I need to send any VISA office specific documents?

Please response, because I am very worried about this thing.

Thanks....
 
 

mahek286

Hero Member
Apr 10, 2010
342
20
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
App. Filed.......
18-01-2019
I think you do need to send the VO specific check list (but you need to check the VO that corresponds with your country of origin- I am guessing since you're in Canada it would be Buffalo).
 

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
12,092
1,407
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
ranameraj said:
Hi,
I am going to apply for my PR this week. I am currently living in Canada on a work permit, and I'm going to send my application package to Sydney, NS.

If I am living in Canada, do I need to send any VISA office specific documents?
EVERYONE needs to send visa office specific documents. The fact that you are living in Canada doesn't change that, only gives you 2 options RE selection of visa offices - the one that serves your country of citizenship, and CHC-Buffalo.

Go here and read the instructions for whichever visa office you have selected.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/skilled-mission.asp
 

ranameraj

Star Member
Oct 22, 2010
119
21
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jes_ON said:
EVERYONE needs to send visa office specific documents. The fact that you are living in Canada doesn't change that, only gives you 2 options RE selection of visa offices - the one that serves your country of citizenship, and CHC-Buffalo.

Go here and read the instructions for whichever visa office you have selected.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/skilled-mission.asp
jes_ON, thanks dear, please kindly tell me any web site where I can get the information you provided, because based on your information, I may ask my family back home to send me the missing documents which don't have, and I will send additional documents alongwith my PR application. Its a serious thing brother... I hope you don't mind.
 
 

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
12,092
1,407
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
ranameraj said:
jes_ON, thanks dear, please kindly tell me any web site where I can get the information you provided, because based on your information, I may ask my family back home to send me the missing documents which don't have, and I will send additional documents alongwith my PR application. Its a serious thing brother... I hope you don't mind.
I don't mind, but I already gave you the link to the website. Good luck -