+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for Spousal VISA and looking for a job within Toronto/North York

GLou

Aug 13, 2019
Hello Everyone,

I am posting this thread cause I am curious how does it work if I apply for jobs in Canada while waiting (in the Philippines) for my Visa to get approved.

I am currently processing my Spousal Visa and still waiting until it gets approved (hopefully soon before the year ends).Now, I want to apply for jobs while waiting and I am very curious about the following:

1) Do I need to take IELTS to qualify for a job?
2) I am currently working as Senior Accountant in the Philippines in an automobile industry and my country counterparts are from Toronto, Canada and focusing mainly on their Canadian financials. Does it qualify as Canadian experience even I am working outside Canada but working with Canadians? Do I have an edge among other applicants knowing this experience?

I am hoping to land a job before I move to Canada. Hope to hear your thoughts.

Thank you,
Genie

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
There is no spousal visa. You have applied for outland sponsorship quite recently so it will take approximately 12 months to get approved. There is no way for you to obtain a work permit until then unless the employer has a positive LMIA and you apply for a closed work permit. Usually this is a 4-6 month process and finding an employer will to hire you and go through the whole process will be difficult. Most employers will want to know you have your PR before considering hiring you. No your experience in the Philippines will not be considered Canadian experience.