+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

applying for jobs outside of canada

low

Star Member
Dec 31, 2009
Hi...appreciate some advice here.

My family and I will be landing 1n 2 months time, and both my husband and I have started sending our resumes in hope that there will be jobs for us when we get to canada. My husband is in the finance line while I am in the logistics industry. Has anyone experienced getting positive response from prospective employers before they actually landed in canada? How is the culture like in Canada? Do Canadian employers really insist on face to face interview or interview conducted via conference calls is an acceptable norm there?

We are trying to avoid the worst case scenario whereby we will have to land and then start looking for jobs from scratch....

nilsej

Star Member
Nov 20, 2009
Hi Dear,

I was doing the same and received one positive reply and they ask me for the interview but bad luck so because I was going to land after month so have to regret with them so I would suggest apply but do not apply where they need as soon as possible and second thing try to apply around 15 days before your landing.

Good Luck

low

Star Member
Dec 31, 2009
thx for the adv.....if you don't mind, can you share how is your job hunting experience so far after landing?

jeby

Jan 19, 2010
Kerala, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
15-12-2009
Med's Done....
11-01-2010
Passport Req..
15-12-2009
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2010
Dear Low,

Congratulations that you are going to land that dream land. Of course it is a good move to sending resumes even before landing. I also tried this some time back, but at that time I did not have a PR status. If you were in the categories which have a shortage of skilled labor, it would have given you more chances. Most of the firms ask for SIN to apply. I heard that, they may not insist on personal face to face interviews.
But as it is only 2 more months to land, don't worry, you can put the exact date of your availability in the covering letter.

All the best.