+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for business class and living in canada at the same time?

Suave3

Mar 26, 2009
Hello everyone!
I have read many posts here and have helped me but i have a simple question regarding business immigration.I have never been to Canada but have friends and relatives there.I want to apply for PR through business or investor class but i dont want to live outside Canada while the visa is processed.I would like to know if any one has some idea about how i can visit canada and apply from there and stay there till my PR is done.
I have no financial problems and can make investments in canada.I want to start a business there and am looking for interested partners as well.
After reading all about the rules and regulations about various visas i came to a conclusion that the easiest way would be to get a work permit and then apply for business class form there but the problem is that its not easy to get an employer and i want to move there as soon as possible.I would also like to know of any good lawyer who would be of help here and also any business references.
Your inputs and ideas would be of great help.Thanks.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You could go on a visit visa and apply for business immigration and hope it's done before your visa expires, otherwise apply to extend your visa. You could go on a student visa too. I think the federal business programs take a bit long as well. You might want to look into PNP's

Suave3

Mar 26, 2009
Hi,
I was looking at PNP programs but its not as simple as it seems.They have a lot of conditions regarding the type of business that one can invest in.Its not the investment thats the problem but their restrictions.I was looking to invest in a liquor store but now after reading the business eligibility,i am confused.
I would like to know if a store would be considered an eligible business for the PNP program.
Thanks.

A

Albertagoverner

Suave3 said:
Hi,
I was looking at PNP programs but its not as simple as it seems.They have a lot of conditions regarding the type of business that one can invest in.Its not the investment thats the problem but their restrictions.I was looking to invest in a liquor store but now after reading the business eligibility,i am confused.
I would like to know if a store would be considered an eligible business for the PNP program.
Thanks.
Suave:

The Investor Class is a Immigrant Visa while Visitor, student are Non-Immigrant Visas. While you apply for any Non-Immigrant visa you have to solemnly declare that your intention is not to remain there but to come back to Home country. In order to succesfully qualify for Immigrant Visa as a Enterpreneur/Investor, It is advisable that have it process in Home country.