+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications submitted in August 2016 - - - Status?

Hassan2877

Feb 10, 2018
Hi All,
I have submitted my application on line in the last intake (August/July 2016) and got the file number with receipt of payment. Total 10000 applications were submitted. I didn't get any information since then till today but in between came to know that the selection criteria has been changed and all the applications will be evaluated based on the new criteria. I completely qualified the last criteria based on what I submitted my file. Now any one can suggest/inform that how and on what criteria the applications will be evaluated? The one at the time of submission of the application or the existing one?

Phoenixation

Star Member
Sep 21, 2017
Hi All,
I have submitted my application on line in the last intake (August/July 2016) and got the file number with receipt of payment. Total 10000 applications were submitted. I didn't get any information since then till today but in between came to know that the selection criteria has been changed and all the applications will be evaluated based on the new criteria. I completely qualified the last criteria based on what I submitted my file. Now any one can suggest/inform that how and on what criteria the applications will be evaluated? The one at the time of submission of the application or the existing one?
Since the preliminary evaluation of your application has not started yet, you will be evaluated based on the new points scheme. Check if you'll get enough points. if not, the best strategy is to work on your French and sit an exam such as TEFAQ to obtain the French Language points.

Reactions: Hassan2877

Hassan2877

Feb 10, 2018
Since the preliminary evaluation of your application has not started yet, you will be evaluated based on the new points scheme. Check if you'll get enough points. if not, the best strategy is to work on your French and sit an exam such as TEFAQ to obtain the French Language points.
Thanks for your comments which appears to be correct. But do I have a stand in saying that I qualified at the time of submission of my application?. I don't qualify now as per the new scoring system and sitting in a French exam also won't be that easy to get enough points for a beginner like me. How much time they are giving to appear in French exam? For example if it is 90 days then can I get required points in French exam? Thanks again.

Phoenixation

Star Member
Sep 21, 2017
Thanks for your comments which appears to be correct. But do I have a stand in saying that I qualified at the time of submission of my application?. I don't qualify now as per the new scoring system and sitting in a French exam also won't be that easy to get enough points for a beginner like me. How much time they are giving to appear in French exam? For example if it is 90 days then can I get required points in French exam? Thanks again.
Unfortunately you cannot make such a claim, I think they state somewhere in the online application process that MIDI reserves the right to alter the selection criteria at any stage of the application process and all of us have agreed to it by clicking on accept ;)
If you are residing outside of Quebec, I strongly recommend that you apply through Express Entry for another province. The timeline of Express Entry is 3 to 4 times shorter than Quebec Skilled Worker program... In fact, I am very surprised outland applicants still apply through Quebec given that it is extremely slow and almost twice more expensive as any federal immigration program..

Last edited:

shaggycoc

Jan 25, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,
hi mate

i am from june 2016 intake and i already sent my documents....YES you are going to be evaluate with the last system points it does not matter if you had enough poiints when you applied.

you slept long time dude, people started to increase their points because it is retroactive and the new was informed one year ago (8th march 2017). i share you the link, choose english versión

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/fr/informations/actualites/actualites-2017/changements-grille-selection.html

Hassan2877

Feb 10, 2018
hi mate

i am from june 2016 intake and i already sent my documents....YES you are going to be evaluate with the last system points it does not matter if you had enough poiints when you applied.

you slept long time dude, people started to increase their points because it is retroactive and the new was informed one year ago (8th march 2017). i share you the link, choose english versión

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/fr/informations/actualites/actualites-2017/changements-grille-selection.html
Hi Friend, thanks for your reply. Good that you submitted your documents but for that did you get any information from them? I didn't get any update from them and I am continuously in contact with my counselor for it. I have submitted my application from Qatar and the last information I got was that they will send some personalized checklist for documents. Will you please be helpful to tell that what information you got from them? Did you have to do some thing to improve your marks? I even called them (Quebec authorities) and they said that I should wait! Please suggest what I should do? Are you based in Quebec/Maotreal as I heard people residing there got some information for further processing. Please suggest!

Hassan2877

Feb 10, 2018
Hi Friend, thanks for your reply. Good that you submitted your documents but for that did you get any information from them? I didn't get any update from them and I am continuously in contact with my counselor for it. I have submitted my application from Qatar and the last information I got was that they will send some personalized checklist for documents. Will you please be helpful to tell that what information you got from them? Did you have to do some thing to improve your marks? I even called them (Quebec authorities) and they said that I should wait! Please suggest what I should do? Are you based in Quebec/Maotreal as I heard people residing there got some information for further processing. Please suggest!
Any idea that how usually it goes? Do they evaluate the application first and then inform the candidate for any need to improve the score or straight away will reject the application? In case they intimate to improve the score then do they suggest how to do it? and how much time they give? Sorry to ask so much but I really need this information as I am unable to get from any where.

shaggycoc

Jan 25, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No, they did not comunicate with me, i use to check the page and i saw the message and yes, i had to increase my points because i was out, afortunatly, i reacted on time (i improved my test languages); later, they send me a message with checklist and they sent intention of refuse to candidates without enough points . I am from Colombia and still live here.

The review to

Dude, no offense but counselors don't know anything they just want your money no more, the system is new so every concept is new

Hassan2877

Feb 10, 2018
No, they did not comunicate with me, i use to check the page and i saw the message and yes, i had to increase my points because i was out, afortunatly, i reacted on time (i improved my test languages); later, they send me a message with checklist and they sent intention of refuse to candidates without enough points . I am from Colombia and still live here.

The review to

Dude, no offense but counselors don't know anything they just want your money no more, the system is new so every concept is new
Hi, thanks again. I am also checking my page but no information since last year. Not even intention of refuse. Also there isn't any way to write to them through the page. Right? The only information on my page is their acknowledgment of opening my file and receipt of money for the application. Nothing else since then. Should I try to call them?

cooolideal

Jul 2, 2014
yes to get update call midi...
Hi, thanks again. I am also checking my page but no information since last year. Not even intention of refuse. Also there isn't any way to write to them through the page. Right? The only information on my page is their acknowledgment of opening my file and receipt of money for the application. Nothing else since then. Should I try to call them?

shaggycoc

Jan 25, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
if you want you could do it but you will receive the same response "we have not started to treatment your country, be patient"

Tams1234

Mar 19, 2017
Hello All,
Good day to you!
I am from Aug'16 intake. Few questions I have. Please help me out by giving my questions answer.

1. Two months back I have changed my job. So should I need to update my mon project profile? I don't even know update will be acceptable or not in the system.
2. I heard that my file will be assessed by the information which had been submitted at application time. Is it true?
3. My points are exactly 60. Is it sufficient enough to get the checklists?

Point to be noted, I am from Asia region & waiting for checklists.

Regards

cooolideal

Jul 2, 2014
Hello All,
Good day to you!
I am from Aug'16 intake. Few questions I have. Please help me out by giving my questions answer.

1. Two months back I have changed my job. So should I need to update my mon project profile? I don't even know update will be acceptable or not in the system.
2. I heard that my file will be assessed by the information which had been submitted at application time. Is it true?

Regards
enough for single as well as married

Reactions: Tams1234

Hassan2877

Feb 10, 2018
Hello All,
Good day to you!

Regards
Hi Mate, your status/case is exactly as of me and I tried to ask the same questions in this forum. What I heard and you can find this in the answers I received is that the applications will be treated considering the new scoring system introduced in March 2017. This is what they have shown on their website but no update till then. Did you get any update through email or on your mon project profile page? Did you try calling them? Which country you applied from?