+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

application for CEC and ARIMA at the same time

Shahrzadnema

Sep 26, 2021
Hi everyone,
I am currently working with 2-year closed work permit (LMIA exempt) from June 2021 in Montreal. (No graduate program).
1- If after 1 year (June 2022) I apply for CEC, do I really need a strong LOE? Considering the fact that I have to leave Quebec by June 2023 after my work permit expires.
2- Should I work on my French and apply for Arrima at the same time?

Any comments or suggestions are welcome. Thank you in advance. Shahrzad

Srisundarcan

Feb 13, 2021
Hi everyone,
I am currently working with 2-year closed work permit (LMIA exempt) from June 2021 in Montreal. (No graduate program).
1- If after 1 year (June 2022) I apply for CEC, do I really need a strong LOE? Considering the fact that I have to leave Quebec by June 2023 after my work permit expires.
2- Should I work on my French and apply for Arrima at the same time?

Any comments or suggestions are welcome. Thank you in advance. Shahrzad

Applying for CEC and CSQ at the same time contradicts your intention to settle. People have earlier reported rejection of CEC, if they had CSQ or arimma profile.

Some people got through as well. if you are willing to try your luck, you can try both . IMHO I wouldn't do both at same time.

C_vitamin

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020
Hello,
I am considering to apply for LMIA in Montreal to get 50 points from EE, but I will apply CEC after lmia approved. Do you think that it’s a conflict because we need to show intention to live outside of the Quebec for CEC.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,
I am considering to apply for LMIA in Montreal to get 50 points from EE, but I will apply CEC after lmia approved. Do you think that it’s a conflict because we need to show intention to live outside of the Quebec for CEC.
Yes, at some point you'll likely be asked to show intention to live outside of Quebec.

Reactions: C_vitamin

C_vitamin

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020
Yes, at some point you'll likely be asked to show intention to live outside of Quebec.
Do you think how I can show my intention to leave from Quebec while working under LMIA job.( LMIA is only for 50 points. I have open work permit)

I can show my job applications in Ontario but I don’t know what ircc agents will think about applying a different job in ontario while working in a lmia job in Quebec.(I have open work permit). What’s IRCC’s aspect for LMIA? Do they want us to work LMIA job at least 1 year? or do you think leaving from lmia job after receive ITA totally normal?
Thank you so much for your answers.