+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Canadian Citizenship - A Comprehensive Guide

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hello, I have a questions as we are filling up application. We moved here October 2019.
So on the application, it says 5 year eligibility. Does this means this is from date I came to canada as PR or all details since past 5 years (including the year before I came to canada as PR??

I mean for Work details - do I have to only input information of the work after we came to canada as PR or do I also need to include the 1 year details of before me move here??
You have to put the information of the whole 5 years period, regardless of the country where you lived.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello, I have a questions as we are filling up application. We moved here October 2019.
So on the application, it says 5 year eligibility. Does this means this is from date I came to canada as PR or all details since past 5 years (including the year before I came to canada as PR??

I mean for Work details - do I have to only input information of the work after we came to canada as PR or do I also need to include the 1 year details of before me move here??
5 years from the date you signed the application!

sushantg

Oct 11, 2016
1. You can use the latest one as the property is same
2. You should update the address to proper one
3. If you get a letter from her university that the medium of instruction was in English for either Master or Bachelors you can skip the language test with it.
It may just work with transcript but have seen instances where IRCC is doubtful about the medium of instruction if its a majoritively non english speaking nation, so better to get a letter.
Thanks, Thats very helpful. I appreciate your help.

Nick_1919

Jun 30, 2021
@steaky
Do you know if it is possible to make changes in the spreadsheet for citizenship applications? I believe it would be very useful to include information indicating whether the applicant completed their test online in Canada or outside Canada. There is a rule that completing the test outside the country will significantly delay the application. Also, if an applicant fails their first attempt to pass the test, they are required to wait again. Otherwise we can see mixed timelines and can only make guesses about what happened.
Also, I don't think it makes much sense to mention the location of applicant. The primary office is crucial, and it is easy to determine your office simply by checking the email when you receive a test invitation. If we systematize this information, we can identify more patterns.

keys8014

Feb 4, 2021
If my name on the indian passport is: Last Name : <blank> , First Name: FirstName LastName

Can we request to ircc to fix this name problem when applying citizenship? I was thinking of writing a explanation letter

ONLM

Jun 1, 2020
Hello everyone,

I am applying for Canadian Citizenship for my two kids and myself. My spouse is not yet eligible, so I am using the 'Application for Canadian Citizenship – Minors – Subsection 5(2)' form. I started the application and filled in the information for one child, but I'm unsure how to include my other child and myself in the same application. Should I create a separate application for each of us, or is there a method to apply for all of us together as a group? I am applying online

Thank you

jamespda

Dec 14, 2023
Hi,

I am currently doing my application for Canadian citizenship. However, on the online forms it was asking if I applied for an extension for my visitor record.
A little background:
June 2019 - came here as a tourist
December 2019 - consultant applied for visitor record on my behalf
March 2020 - flew out of Canada and came back to get my work permit at the airport
October 2021 - got my PR

I never got a copy or any information if the visitor record was approved or not. The direct contact information was with the consultant and I only have a copy of the application form, a letter and a receipt paid to IRCC. Up until now, I thought I wouldn’t need it til I saw the question on the citizenship application form.

I tried contacting the consultant but they are no longer in business.

Is there anyone here who has the same case with me? And what did you do on that part of the application? Should I just attach a copy of the receipt of the visitor record application and explain it on the additional documents section? What should I answer if I extended my stay and what dates should I put on the question where they’re asking when I got the correspondence from IRCC.

anyone who have answers, please help me.

thank you

Temitee002

Jan 26, 2021
Merry Christmas in advance everyone! Quick question- I already have my Oath date scheduled, but will like to know if I still need to inform IRCC of my travel to the US that will take more than two weeks. I understand we are supposed to inform of any travel plans, but considering I already have my Oath , is this also applicable in my case? I will be back before my Oath date, only traveling for the holidays

Thank you everyone

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Merry Christmas in advance everyone! Quick question- I already have my Oath date scheduled, but will like to know if I still need to inform IRCC of my travel to the US that will take more than two weeks. I understand we are supposed to inform of any travel plans, but considering I already have my Oath , is this also applicable in my case? I will be back before my Oath date, only traveling for the holidays

Thank you everyone
There's no need. The goal of informing IRCC is to avoid being scheduled for something during your absence, although they may ignore it, and that doesn't apply to your situation.
Congrats on your upcoming oath ceremony!

Reactions: Temitee002

Temitee002

Jan 26, 2021
There's no need. The goal of informing IRCC is to avoid being scheduled for something during your absence, although they may ignore it, and that doesn't apply to your situation.
Congrats on your upcoming oath ceremony!
Understood, thank you so much

sushantg

Oct 11, 2016
Hi everyone,
I have another question, IF I am working as a Driver for Doordash and Instacart as part time job, how should I fill up those details? Online application is asking me to enter the address, both of these companies are based in USA, and they consider as independent business. I dont want to put wrong information.
Thanks

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hi everyone,
I have another question, IF I am working as a Driver for Doordash and Instacart as part time job, how should I fill up those details? Online application is asking me to enter the address, both of these companies are based in USA, and they consider as independent business. I dont want to put wrong information.
Thanks
You can simply put "n/a" for the address box.

racheelnaeem

Star Member
May 8, 2016
I came to Canada in feb 2020 as a refugee and dec2020 my case accepted and got my pr card in april 2022. Can someone guide me wen i can apply for citizenship?