+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apart from Parents who can sponsor your studies in Canada?

asad100101

Jun 28, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can real brothers or sisters sponsor for your studies also if they are not living in Canada?

asad100101

Jun 28, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Would it be fine if my elder brother from USA sponsored me? because he can show +$100,000 in his account instead of transferring money to my dad's account in Pakistan. It's gonna be cumbersome. We are not talking about small amount of money here. All I am saying is that, it doesnt have to be dad or mom always.?? Any blood relative can sponsor you.???

yasirriaz50

Star Member
Sep 3, 2010
@asad

u r bit confuse

Let me explain

when u apply for visa u attach an affidavit from ur sponser in which he/she mentions the relation with the applicant and reason of sponsoring .
Even if ur brother sponser u, u must have to show the amount in ur bank and his bank balance also.

asad100101

Jun 28, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got it. My brother will write an affdavit of support in which he will mention how long he has been living in in the usa what property he owns there and how much money he has saved in his account and what's his montly salary..etc He will mention his relationship with me etc.

One more point:

Are you sure will I have to show money in my account apart from my sponsor's account? Is it compulsory?

Even if ur brother sponser u, u must have to show the amount in ur bank and his bank balance also.

yasirriaz50

Star Member
Sep 3, 2010
@asad

i have contacted many consultants and even the canadian Govt authorized consultants they say that u have to show and not only this but u'll need to show strong ties with pakistan like property in the name of ur father and mother,use family tree from nadra.

asad100101

Jun 28, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My dad owns two apartments in Karachi apart from the house we live in, tell me will two apartments on his name be considered as property?

jiawan

Star Member
Jul 18, 2010
@ asad yes ur brother,sister,uncle can sponer so u but its better to use some1 statement who is not living in north america coz thats a negative thing to show to visa officer ...
all kind of perperty and assets like apartments,house,land, cars, shops, business or anything that can generate money when u sell it is an asset.. use resgitered engineering firms to evaluate ur property and put these papers with ur file as well.. plus ur ties to ur home country like ur family father motherm sister, brothers, wife , childs whoever u have show some pictures with them ... like family photographs things etc ... when u write an SOP focus on ur future plans and also that u will come back home after studies and dont write it again and again and when u write some thing prove it with proper evidence from ur case file.. and inshallah u will get ur visa dont worry ... by the way share ur profile if u dont mind .... :)

asad100101

Jun 28, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is this true that we have to show bank statements for the last 4 months?

jiawan

Star Member
Jul 18, 2010
yea its true and it is the requirements of the canadian embessy , u can see on their website ..and u have to put around 25000 to 30000 cad depending on ur fees ... like 1 year living expenses and first year of tution fee and i will suggest that u pay that first year full fee to college coz that is good and a plus point when u pay the fee to the college in advance :)

asad100101

Jun 28, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kindly refer a web link to me where I can read about it.

Another question:

First year tuition fees + living expenses+air fare

$15,000 +$12,000+$4000= $31,000

If I paid first year tution fees in advance, $15,000 will be deducted from total amount and only $16,000 will be left in my acoount. Will it be enough? Should I show something like $60,000 total amount so that it will be left like $45,000 in my account if tutition fees deducted, I hope i am making sense.

Just guide me. What are the repercussion of paying first year fees in advance? Your know, money is gonna be deducted from your total amount.

jiawan

Star Member
Jul 18, 2010
yea u are absolutely making sense and that is a good way coz visa officer also wanted to see this that fees deducted from the same account which u put as ur sponser's account and its absolutely fine .. and after paying the fees if u left 45000 in ur account thats more than enough .. and its a good amount :) so dont worry about funds worry about ties now ... coz thats some thing u have to prove really good

rokdaworld

Sep 7, 2010
i have been reading that person should not show north american sponsor but i think it all depends on case...as menitioned in another thread that people got student VISA even though they have showed cotacts in Canada..so there is no hard & fast rules...

jiawan

Star Member
Jul 18, 2010
Yea i do agree with that , it all depends on how u present ur case to the VO , but though this thing matters. anyways i jus give him my opinion and there is no hard and fast rules ofr it , as u know there are no hard and fast rules for SOP but we do write one for our own benefits ;)