+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

anyone know anyone turned away at the border- Landing of Immigrant

stephenK

Apr 21, 2009
Does anyone know of anyone and if this happens what would be the circunstances? I would think if you have the visa you are a shoe in.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Strange question. I don't know anyone. The only scenario I could think of would be if CBSA got wind of some SERIOUS criminality or misrepresentation. Even then, they wouldn't be "turned away" because as a PR visa holder, they have the right of appeal. But they might be put on an immigration hold to be evaluated for inadmissibility and then PR could be revoked and they would be deported.

Edited this post because I wasn't clear. ;p

stephenK

Apr 21, 2009
Sorrry- I worry about everything.....I'm just scared I will be turned away from some reason...it's a conpulsive thing I guess.....

thanks

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
Well... if you get sponsored by your wife and upon landing you manage to mention your sponsor has divorced you, then you probably wouldn't get to do the landing. Or if you mention that you just robbed a bank.
Unless it's something huge like that, I don't think you have anything to worry about ;)

Tara_W

Apr 8, 2009
You're not alone: my partner and I are arriving into Toronto from Dublin on September 5th and that's when he'll land. He's really freaked out about the whole thing, a real worrier, imagining all sorts of crazy, worse case scenarios! Some of them quite hilarious! Don't know why. All I can do is reassure him and you that you're in a better position than most people arriving at the border: as far as the immigration officer is concerned, someone has already done all the work thoroughly checking you out. If that person was happy enough to issue the visa, then this officer is not going to go out of their way to make things difficult, for you and for themselves! Can you imagine the paperwork involved if she/he refused you? The landing process seems to really be just a formality. So unless you're obviously diseased or have a set of handcuffs hanging from your wrist, I'd say you're fine.

Good luck!
Tara

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
Can't say I blame your husband Tara, I was a bundle of nerves before my landing as well. No reason for it, of course, but it's a big thing and when dealing with immigration, I think everyone is nervous. It was a very painless experience though, so all my worries were for nothing. Hope it'll be the same for your husband. Wish him a happy landing for me :)

Tara_W

Apr 8, 2009
Thanks for your good wishes! I'm sure he'll be fine. I understand completely though- I get nervous passing through Canadian immigration myself, and I'm Canadian-born with a Canadian passport! Every time I arrive I get asked, "How long are you staying for? Where are you staying? Who with?". Once I got a, "Welcome home", which was a nice change! The day I get to say I'm staying for good will be a nerve-racking one for me as well!

Will post our experiences once we're over and done with!

Thanks again!
Tara