+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

JuanRamonn

Oct 1, 2019
Please, pardon my ignorance Ms. Cutler.
Thank you so much for the information.

Ms. Cutler, I have another question. About my personal study plan, I heard that it is one of the most crucial basis in applying. Can you please recommend someone or any consultant for this matter's assistance?

MsCutler

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Please, pardon my ignorance Ms. Cutler.
Thank you so much for the information.

Ms. Cutler, I have another question. About my personal study plan, I heard that it is one of the most crucial basis in applying. Can you please recommend someone or any consultant for this matter's assistance?
No worries. Yes it can become crucial especially if the visa officer has doubts/questions. Couldnt recommend anyone as I made my own perhaps others here can recommend. You can make it on your own too - you may refer to my previous comments on what I included in my SOP, there's also a lot here sa forum/internet you can use as a guide. Once you've made a draft you can post it here so that others can give their thoughts on your sop

JuanRamonn

Oct 1, 2019
No worries. Yes it can become crucial especially if the visa officer has doubts/questions. Couldnt recommend anyone as I made my own perhaps others here can recommend. You can make it on your own too - you may refer to my previous comments on what I included in my SOP, there's also a lot here sa forum/internet you can use as a guide. Once you've made a draft you can post it here so that others can give their thoughts on your sop
Ms. Cutler, thank you so much.

Reactions: MsCutler

MsCutler

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Hi can someone help me with my SOP? Im having difficulties creating one I dont know how to start, I'm a nursing grad who did not take the board exam, worked in the BPO industry for almost 10 yrs and wanted to go back to health care setting but chosed to study PN in Canada. Any tips? Thank you in advanced.
Hi. My2cents: Provide a brief explanation why initially you did not take the board and worked in the bpo (perhaps at that time you enjoyed working in the bpo since its financially rewarding etc..). Then also include your reasons in intending to go back sa healthcare (ex. maybe you realized that your calling really is healthcare etc...). You might want to do a comparison sa PN program here in the phil vs. Canada and other countries. Highlight how it can help your career here sa Pinas and other advantages of taking PN in Canada (ex. Promotion maybe faster since you have an edge due to your international exposure etc...). Also include reasons for choosing your particular program and school. Hope this helps :)

MsCutler

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Hi, was refused a student visa second time already in SDS because of proposed studies not reasonable. My GCMS notes for my 2nd refusal are similar to my 1st:

On review of all info including PA's previous employment/educational history, their motivation to pursue studies in Canada at this point does not seem reasonable; study plan submitted is general and does not outline a clear career path for which such an edcational programme would be of benefit. Considering applicant's extensive education and 17 years of work experience in the same field, I am not satisfied that applicant would not have already achieved the benefits of this program. It is not evident why applicant would study this program at such great expense considering applicant already possesses a higher level of qualification. I am not satisfied that this is a reasonable progression of studies, which raises concerns regarding applicant's intended purpose in Canada. Not satisfied on balance that applicant is a genuine student who would respect terms of authorized stay, nor that S-1 is not to facilitate entry to Canada for other unknown reasons. Application denied.

I already addressed these in detail in my reapplication SOP (around 5 pages). My study plan was definitely not general and was detailed, I have travel history visas to US and Canada and respected them always, but visa officer was not convinced. :(

Background:
39 years old
Planning to take up Creative Advertising college diploma at Seneca
Traveling with spouse and child
Bs Comm Tech Mgt graduate
17 years work as magazine editor and web writer

Thanks!
Hi. Sorry about your refusal :( Based on above comments of VO were you able to specify the specific higher position/career goal you are aiming for thats why you are taking this particular program? We have some similarities sa profile-I also have an extensive background in my field so I highlighted the role id like to obtain (the next level role) and how taking chosen program ìn Canada can help as VO may be wondering why Id like to study again given my tenure in my field. Also is your program a post graduate diploma since it seems that the VO is having doubts on your program as it may be a lower credential than what you have already finished?

joeyeoj

Star Member
Jan 23, 2018
Hi, was refused a student visa second time already in SDS because of proposed studies not reasonable. My GCMS notes for my 2nd refusal are similar to my 1st:

On review of all info including PA's previous employment/educational history, their motivation to pursue studies in Canada at this point does not seem reasonable; study plan submitted is general and does not outline a clear career path for which such an edcational programme would be of benefit. Considering applicant's extensive education and 17 years of work experience in the same field, I am not satisfied that applicant would not have already achieved the benefits of this program. It is not evident why applicant would study this program at such great expense considering applicant already possesses a higher level of qualification. I am not satisfied that this is a reasonable progression of studies, which raises concerns regarding applicant's intended purpose in Canada. Not satisfied on balance that applicant is a genuine student who would respect terms of authorized stay, nor that S-1 is not to facilitate entry to Canada for other unknown reasons. Application denied.

I already addressed these in detail in my reapplication SOP (around 5 pages). My study plan was definitely not general and was detailed, I have travel history visas to US and Canada and respected them always, but visa officer was not convinced. :(

Background:
39 years old
Planning to take up Creative Advertising college diploma at Seneca
Traveling with spouse and child
Bs Comm Tech Mgt graduate
17 years work as magazine editor and web writer

Thanks!
Hi Sir, chineck ko yung Creative Advertising program sa Seneca and 2-year diploma siya. Feeling ko dahil may Bachelor's Degree ka na, albeit ibang field, medyo downgrade itong program credential-wise. Will you consider taking a post-grad certificate program like Strategic Marketing and Marketing Analytics instead? 2 sems lang siya pero you can take another program like Brand Management / Marketing Management if you want to extend your studies to 2 years.

Reactions: Anyw

Pacific1

Sep 20, 2019
In may case. Na diagnosed ako ng ptb last year 2017. And nag undrgo ako ng 6 months medication walang absent. Ang successful lahat kahit sa xray. Clear. Kaso natatakot ako pag tinanong nila kung may past treatment ba ako.. meron na ako request for medical and biometrics. Kinakabahan lng ako
Hello,
Anu pong nangyari sa x-ray?
Same case Rin ako
Thanks!

Pacific1

Sep 20, 2019
Sabi kasi sa akin 9 weeks daw yung sputum culture, so tumawag ako sa IOM after 9 weeks tapos sabi sakin may result na pero kelangan ko pa rin daw bumalik sa doctor nung Aug 20 (3 months after my first chest xray). Yung sakin may nakita lang na maliit na scar sa right lung. sabi ng doctor, probably from a previous respiratory infection na nagheal on its own. protocol lang nila na kelangan nila ireport yun sa IRCC pero sinabi naman niya na wala naman daw akong TB. hehe.

Waiting for my visa application result pa ako, siguro mga 2nd or 3rd week of Sept. hopefully ma-approve.
Hi joeyeoj,

Pacific1

Sep 20, 2019
We did online application. I think all SDS applications should be done online eh as per IRCC. I really can't answer you with regards to the attachments because my visa consultant did the submission on my behalf. I just asked for my GCKey account so I have access anytime.
Can I have your email address so I can share my SOP?
Hi,
Would you mind sharing me your SOP?
pacific.trading1@yahoo.com
Thanks!

kukk123

Mar 28, 2018
Cebu, Philippines
Category........
App. Filed.......
30-07-2019
Doc's Request.
30-07-2019
Med's Done....
05-07-2019
VISA ISSUED...
August 15, 2019
Anyone here applied in Langara College? Usually gaano po katagal sila mag accept? Thank you
Hello,

I am currently studying in Langara. One month lang after application, I got accepted.

kisdubu

Jun 24, 2019
Hi everyone! Question po, how long does CIC take for them to reply sa webform? I've submitted a webform on September 23, 2019 and until now walang updates. Thank you in advance!

joeyeoj

Star Member
Jan 23, 2018
How the IRCC counts the validity of med exam? On the first day or after passing the test? Curious lng s may mga extra labs.
"Starting Date for Calculating the 12 Month Validity Period of a Medical Certificate: the last medical assessment on file is the starting date for the 12 month validity of a medical certificate."Source

if you still have extra tests, the "validity period" does not start yet.