+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any one planning to land in Jan-2010

balakri

Star Member
May 16, 2009
Hi

Recently i have got my visa stamped. I have 11 years of work exp and working in an IT company.

I am planning to land with my wife in Jan 2010. Anyone else planning on the same month.

Lets see if we can help each other in some way.

THanks
Bala

balakri

Star Member
May 16, 2009
Hi Babu,

I am basically from India and planning to land in Dec-Jan. The obivisous destination would be canada. I am looking for a place to stay for a couple of days weeks and then find my own accomodation.

I have 10 yrs of work exp in Sales and IT.

WHere are you work and which are you planning to work in.

Any ideas on the cost involved in taking a one bed room house and what lead time is required to find a job in Toronto in IT.

Thanks
Bala

babutv2000

Jan 29, 2009
Hello Bala, I am from accounting/finance background. I will be looking in the similar fields and possibly for self employment or business setup as well. Initially I will be staying with a friend in Newyork area. Later will look for own accommodation before bringing family. I am not familiar with current job scenario in Toronto for IT background. Have you made travel plans yet? Did u manage to browse through some of the job search websites? Let us exchange experiences.. Suggest you can also read online version on" “CANADA - GUIDE for SKILLED WORKERS - Newcomers & Future Immigrants" . I am in the process of placing order through internet.

balakri

Star Member
May 16, 2009
Hi Babu,

Sorry for delayed response. I am planning to land in toronto and planning to stay with my friend. I have to bring my wife also as she also has to compelete the formalities within march.

My contact number is 91 97487 66125 and mail id is balakri@gmail.com

Do mail me or call me or give me your number and i can call you.

Best wishes
Bala

mohitarora1979

Star Member
Jan 18, 2009
Hi Bala,

Thanks for your reply, it is very useful for me. You are great man. My passport is in London and friend is going to submit our passport on thursday 19 nov 2009.

I am also planning to land in jan 2010 along with my wife.

Can you please give me your contact number or you can phone me on 08006660007(this is new vodafone series in India).

Thanks Again

commonwealth

Nov 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jan - Mar are really cold months in Toronto. Temperatures below freezing -10 with wind chill can go down to -20, also snow storms.
Plan according... Just for information.

R

rishabshanker

Hi Bala and Babu,

Congrats to both of you. Heres some suggestions which might help

You can initially choose a serviced apartment to stay becaus eit might be difficult renting a house with no credit history, references or job. You can check out

www.safehomestay.com who also advertise on this website. I dont know them personally, just saw their post an thought I'd pass on the info to you. Also check websites like

www.craigslist.ca
www.kijiji.ca
www.canadiandesi.com

you should be able to find a decent place to stay.

As for the job scene keep checking

www.nappcanada.com they have regular job fairs in canada...all cities...that should help.
feel free to reach out to me on email for further help (rishabshanker@yahoo.com) and I will help all I can..:)

All the best & God Bless

Rishab