+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Another thread about PR card

dreaming of canada

Mar 14, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well we landed in Nov 2010. My husband until now has not gotten his PR card! He has called at least 4 times now the CIC call center. Each time he calls its "there is a problem with your name" they will not say anything more. My husband is from India originally. His passport has just one name not two. Well his COPR has just what his passport says but once we got the SIN number and health care card they both insisted that you cannot have one name has to be two a first and last. So just like in the states the name was the same for first and last. I guess that IS a major problem with issuing the PR card. I guess they had to contact the visa office. He called the CIC call center yet again on Monday and was told they had ordered the PR card now and he should get it by the end of April. Finally an end in sight? I sure hope so!! I have heard of others from India that just use one name so I am posting this in case someone else should be in the same position. You may be in for quite a delay. If its not photos its something else it seems!