+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

An invitation for application from an employer via job seeker

sammi0921

Apr 13, 2018
Hi experts,

I just completed an EE application last week together with thw Job Seeker profile.

Few days later i got a message from an employer via jobbank inviting me to apply for one of their role.

Any experts have experience on this, can i assume that they know i am not a PR yet? Is it common to receive such kind of "invitation"?

Thanks in advance

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Please post the message you got removing all personal details. Most of the time when people get messages like this out of the blue, they are scams. We need more info, like what is the companies name, where are their offices, are they asking for money and are they giving benefits that are too good to be true. Where are you from?

reachforjay

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
I received something similar a while back for the role of Construction Manager, which I have zero experience in - it's just one of the many roles under my NOC. I think it was simply a case of the generic attributes of the role matching those that are in my job seeker profile.

Perhaps it is an automated option where that message is sent out to anyone who appears to be a match based on selected attributes. I could be wrong though.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Please post the message you got removing all personal details. Most of the time when people get messages like this out of the blue, they are scams. We need more info, like what is the companies name, where are their offices, are they asking for money and are they giving benefits that are too good to be true. Where are you from?
It came through jobbank, so not that kind of offer.

sammi0921

Apr 13, 2018
I received something similar a while back for the role of Construction Manager, which I have zero experience in - it's just one of the many roles under my NOC. I think it was simply a case of the generic attributes of the role matching those that are in my job seeker profile.

Perhaps it is an automated option where that message is sent out to anyone who appears to be a match based on selected attributes. I could be wrong though.
Thanks bro.

I think my situation is very similar, the position requires zero experience (an entey level role) and the proposed salary justifies that.

Very unlikely they will do LMIA, am i right?

sammi0921

Apr 13, 2018
It came through jobbank, so not that kind of offer.
Thanks both, and yes i think so given it is via job seeker, i think the chance of SCUM is not too high, the role is entry level and salary reflects the same.

Also want to know if employer should know that i am not a PR yet, and even so they make such "invitation"?