+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Allowed to leave Canada, what now?

heinrich007

Jan 2, 2017
So November I got into Winnipeg airport and I signed a Allowed to leave Canada form, tbh they did not give me valid enough reasons, they did not even check my story I gave them all truth tho. I travel a lot and have not been back in my home country for a while. My family lives in Canada atm and have immigrated but im on a visitors visa atm.

Now my question is, being that I have to have a visitors visa for Canada (Multiple entry valid for 3 years), is the visa still valid to use and can I go back then?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It's valid to use your visa to return unless it was crossed out in your passport.

I would ensure you have much stronger proof of ties to your home country before you try returning again since you were refused entry this time.

If you haven't been back in your home country for a while, that may be part of the problem.

What evidence did you have to show you were only a temporary visitor to Canada?

heinrich007

Jan 2, 2017
No nothing was crossed out. Yeah I have not been in my home country for over a year, that might have added to it.

Well looks like showing my visa multiple entry was not enough lol. But if my visa should still be fine I can then have enough paper work when I go back as soon as I can, cause they will flag me most probably when I land again.

heinrich007

Jan 2, 2017
What really bugged me was they did not do any research if I was telling any truth in my story or phoned anyone. And did not do anything illegal at all there. But I do travel a lot to Europe through out the year also.