+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL BANGLADESHI APPLICANTS FORUM

miltoncsekuet

Hero Member
Sep 6, 2014
758
8
Toronto
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
2171
AOR Received.
8 Oct 15
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
Jan 2017
Med's Done....
Re Medical Jan 2017
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2017
LANDED..........
March 2017
Bright.Angel said:
They usually call applicant from down stair of his office that they hv come to see his office and would like to talk with HR/Direct reporting boss. If applicant is not present in office, they directly approach to HR Deptt and applicants working desk to check. So phone call is must from their side before their entering in office premises.

They will just visit those offices which you mentioned in your application or claimed points for job experience.
Many thanks and +1 for you :)
 

rksaha81

Hero Member
Nov 21, 2013
332
36
JESSORE, BANGLADESH
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
NOC Code......
0911
App. Filed.......
19/09/2014
Doc's Request.
PF : 05/01/2016; DOC RECEIVED: 25/01/2016
Nomination.....
07/01/2015
AOR Received.
09/02/2015
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
26/08/2015
Med's Request
16/12/2016
Med's Done....
26/12/2016, REPORT SUBMITTED : 27/12/2016, MEDICAL PASSED: 29/12/2016
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
16/01/2017, PASSPORT SUBMITTED: 18/01/2017, 2ND TIME: 01/06/2017,PASSPORT SUBMITTED: 05/06/2017
VISA ISSUED...
26/01/2017; PASSPORT RECEIVED :06/02/2017, 2ND TIME: 15/06/2017,PASSPORT RECEIVED :05/07/2017
LANDED..........
30/10/2017
TWO AND HALF MONTHS HAVE PASSED AFTER PF REPLY. BUT STILL NO UPDATE.

BUT HOW LONG???????????
 

miltoncsekuet

Hero Member
Sep 6, 2014
758
8
Toronto
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
2171
AOR Received.
8 Oct 15
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
Jan 2017
Med's Done....
Re Medical Jan 2017
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2017
LANDED..........
March 2017
rksaha81 said:
TWO AND HALF MONTHS HAVE PASSED AFTER PF REPLY. BUT STILL NO UPDATE.

BUT HOW LONG???????????
Hi, did you apply through vc or yourself?
 

smak02

Star Member
Feb 5, 2015
92
2
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2012
Med's Request
20-08-2014
Med's Done....
01-09-2014, second: 28-02-2016
Passport Req..
16-03-2016
LANDED..........
26-10-2016
nqr72 said:
Hi

I bought tkt at a price of tk67,726 for adult and 52,030 for child of turkish air from IOM, if I bought the same from any other travel agent it would cost 9-10k more/tkt. Turkish air also give 3 luggage/tkt each 23kg, which is great. Just mail to travelbd@iom.int, along with scan copy of visa pages of ur pp.

br

nqr

[/quot]
Thanks a lot. What should I express to them, in mail? I mean, do I ask for discounted air freight or ask to know about their support.

Thanks in advance.
Snigdha
 

tyshow

Full Member
Jun 10, 2015
42
9
Getting your Educational Credentials Assessed


Hi everyone, this is the latest post from my blog which can be accessed at www[dot]leavingforcanada[dot]com

Feel free to drop me a comment or send me an email using the contact tab. I am more likely to reply to you speedily from that platform. Below is an extract of the information written on there.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It’s been about a week now since my last published post. In this post, I intend to cover all the foreseeable questions that lurks around the topic of getting your foreign educational credentials assessed. For legibility and to try documenting my thoughts in a different writing style, I aim to adopt a question/answer format for the purpose of this blog post.

Q1: Why do I need to get my foreign degrees assessed?

A1: An Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) is used to verify your international degree, diploma, certificate or any other document which depicts your educational credential is valid and on par with a Canadian one.

Q2: Who needs an ECA?

A2: The principal applicant for an Express Entry application whose intention is to immigrate to Canada under the Federal Worker Skilled Program and whose educational achievements were obtained outside Canada.

In addition to this, an applicant under the Express Entry program may wish to accrue additional points for a spouse/common-law partner by getting their credentials assessed as well if their degree/certificate/diploma was obtained outside Canada. The table below shows a points matrix to illustrate this. Additional points can be awarded if the candidate is admissible into the Express Entry tool through the Federal Skilled Worker Program.

Degree Type Express Entry Classification Points Awarded
Secondary School/High School Diploma Express Entry CRS with spouse 28
Express Entry CRS without spouse 30
Federal Skilled Worker Program factor points (if it applies) 5

One-year degree, a diploma or certificate from a University, college, technical, trade or other institute Express Entry CRS with spouse 84
Express Entry CRS without spouse 90
Federal Skilled Worker Program factor points (if it applies) 15

Two-year degree, a diploma or certificate from a University, college, technical, trade or other institute Express Entry CRS with spouse 91
Express Entry CRS without spouse 98
Federal Skilled Worker Program factor points (if it applies) 19

Bachelor degree or other programs (three or more years) at a University, college, technical, trade or other institute. Express Entry CRS with spouse 112
Express Entry CRS without spouse 120
Federal Skilled Worker Program factor points (if it applies) 21

Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees: one of the degrees must be for a program of three or more years. Express Entry CRS with spouse 119
Express Entry CRS without spouse 128
Federal Skilled Worker Program factor points (if it applies) 22

Professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession e.g. Dentistry, Law, Pharmacy Express Entry CRS with spouse 126
Express Entry CRS without spouse 135
Federal Skilled Worker Program factor points (if it applies) 23

University degree at Masters level Express Entry CRS with spouse 126
Express Entry CRS without spouse 135
Federal Skilled Worker Program factor points (if it applies) 23

University degree at Doctorate (PhD) level Express Entry CRS with spouse 140
Express Entry CRS without spouse 150
Federal Skilled Worker Program factor points (if it applies) 25

Q3: Do I need to get an ECA before filling in an Express Entry profile

A3: Absolutely, this is mandatory if you want to be awarded points for your foreign educational attainment towards the CRS.

Q4: How long is my ECA valid for

A4: ECA is valid for a period of five years from the date it was issued.

Q5: Where can I get my ECA?

A5: This is the most important question here on this post. There are several designated organizations here in Canada where you can get your credentials assessed. They are as follows:
•Comparative Education Service – University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies
•International Credential Assessment Service of Canada
•World Education Services
•International Qualifications Assessment Service
•International Credential Evaluation Service
•Medical Council of Canada (professional body for Doctors)
•Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada (professional body for Pharmacists)

Q6: Do I need to get all my degrees assessed (e.g. I’ve got a B.Sc. and a M.Sc.)?

A6: This is entirely up to you the applicant or spouse/common-law partner of the applicant. Simply put in this way, you will only get points towards the CRS in Express Entry or be eligible under FSWP if your ECA report matches at least one of the results in the table above. So to answer this, in my own personal experience, I only had my M.Sc. degree assessed (this was due to circumstances beyond my control) as I was unable to get the University at my country of residence to send my transcript over) but had not hitches in requesting my transcript for my M.Sc. degree from the UK. This was sufficient in the meantime as I accrued points for having a university degree at Masters level.

The drawback to this is when you’re finally resident in Canada and you need to go through a professional designation in your profession, you will need to have all your educational credentials assessed and possibly upgraded to a course by course report as the format for immigration purposes is just document by document. Do not fret, you can simply contact the designated organization you used earlier and pay an upgraded fee to upgrade your report to a course by course report hence it makes logical sense to have all your credentials assessed if you can.

Q7: Which designated organization should I choose from to have my credentials assessed?

A7: Again, I will ask myself the question if my profession a licensed one? If it is for example Medicine, your precedence should be to go with the body associated with medical doctors i.e. The Medical Council of Canada. I will follow the same logic if you were in the Pharmacy profession. For all other professions, you may simply go with either of the remaining organizations. If in doubt, contact the province where you intend to stay in to see if your occupation is a licensed one. Pharmacists may or may not require a licence to practice in some pharmaceutical or government institutions so they may not be obliged in these circumstances to get an ECA from the Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada.

Other factors to consider when choosing an alternative designated organisation should include
•Costs to get the credential assessed as costs may vary by organization.
•duration it’ll take to have the credentials assessed.
•documents to be furnished to facilitate the assessment
•Employers in Canada who partner or are familiar with certain designated organizations. This will help you much later when you’re applying for jobs in Canada.


I also provide landing support for new immigrants dwelling in Edmonton, Alberta. I will assist with temporary accommodation at my place while I drive you around to arrange viewings for a place to rent in the first couple of weeks, opening a bank account, registering for social services (SIN, Health Card, Drivers' Licence etc). To enquire about this service, simply drop me an email on my blog site.

Thanks
Ola
 

DebR

Star Member
Mar 3, 2012
197
5
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
HK/SG
NOC Code......
0213
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/2012
Doc's Request.
several times
AOR Received.
03/3012
IELTS Request
send with application
File Transfer...
09/2015
Med's Request
12/2015
Med's Done....
12/2015
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
02/2016
VISA ISSUED...
03/2016
LANDED..........
<br/><img src="http://www.factscanada.ca/elements/media/elements/qc-flag.gif" alt="" border="0"/>
Thanks to the Almighty. Received Passport stamped with visa and COPR yesterday. Everyone please pray for me and my family.
 

FSWON

Full Member
Nov 20, 2015
47
3
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
2133
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 May 2014
AOR Received.
19 Oct 2014
Med's Request
19 Oct 2015
Med's Done....
25 Oct 2015
Passport Req..
19 Nov 2015
VISA ISSUED...
21 Dec 2015
LANDED..........
11 June 2016
Hi

it can really take a long time. Dont worry. If you have replied to the queries in detail and in convincing manner to provide justification. It's just that the files are kept aside and circulated in a periodic manner. So you cant predict when the next turn for your file will come. Best wishes.

rksaha81 said:
TWO AND HALF MONTHS HAVE PASSED AFTER PF REPLY. BUT STILL NO UPDATE.

BUT HOW LONG???????????
 

Bright.Angel

Hero Member
Aug 25, 2015
316
10
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov, 2014
Nomination.....
Feb, 2015
AOR Received.
Mar, 2015
Med's Request
Looking towards Almighty
tyshow said:
Getting your Educational Credentials Assessed


Hi everyone, this is the latest post from my blog which can be accessed at www[dot]leavingforcanada[dot]com

Feel free to drop me a comment or send me an email using the contact tab. I am more likely to reply to you speedily from that platform. Below is an extract of the information written on there.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It’s been about a week now since my last published post. In this post, I intend to cover all the foreseeable questions that lurks around the topic of getting your foreign educational credentials assessed. For legibility and to try documenting my thoughts in a different writing style, I aim to adopt a question/answer format for the purpose of this blog post.

Q1: Why do I need to get my foreign degrees assessed?

A1: An Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) is used to verify your international degree, diploma, certificate or any other document which depicts your educational credential is valid and on par with a Canadian one.

Q2: Who needs an ECA?

A2: The principal applicant for an Express Entry application whose intention is to immigrate to Canada under the Federal Worker Skilled Program and whose educational achievements were obtained outside Canada.

In addition to this, an applicant under the Express Entry program may wish to accrue additional points for a spouse/common-law partner by getting their credentials assessed as well if their degree/certificate/diploma was obtained outside Canada. The table below shows a points matrix to illustrate this. Additional points can be awarded if the candidate is admissible into the Express Entry tool through the Federal Skilled Worker Program.

Degree Type Express Entry Classification Points Awarded
Secondary School/High School Diploma Express Entry CRS with spouse 28
Express Entry CRS without spouse 30
Federal Skilled Worker Program factor points (if it applies) 5

One-year degree, a diploma or certificate from a University, college, technical, trade or other institute Express Entry CRS with spouse 84
Express Entry CRS without spouse 90
Federal Skilled Worker Program factor points (if it applies) 15

Two-year degree, a diploma or certificate from a University, college, technical, trade or other institute Express Entry CRS with spouse 91
Express Entry CRS without spouse 98
Federal Skilled Worker Program factor points (if it applies) 19

Bachelor degree or other programs (three or more years) at a University, college, technical, trade or other institute. Express Entry CRS with spouse 112
Express Entry CRS without spouse 120
Federal Skilled Worker Program factor points (if it applies) 21

Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees: one of the degrees must be for a program of three or more years. Express Entry CRS with spouse 119
Express Entry CRS without spouse 128
Federal Skilled Worker Program factor points (if it applies) 22

Professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession e.g. Dentistry, Law, Pharmacy Express Entry CRS with spouse 126
Express Entry CRS without spouse 135
Federal Skilled Worker Program factor points (if it applies) 23

University degree at Masters level Express Entry CRS with spouse 126
Express Entry CRS without spouse 135
Federal Skilled Worker Program factor points (if it applies) 23

University degree at Doctorate (PhD) level Express Entry CRS with spouse 140
Express Entry CRS without spouse 150
Federal Skilled Worker Program factor points (if it applies) 25

Q3: Do I need to get an ECA before filling in an Express Entry profile

A3: Absolutely, this is mandatory if you want to be awarded points for your foreign educational attainment towards the CRS.

Q4: How long is my ECA valid for

A4: ECA is valid for a period of five years from the date it was issued.

Q5: Where can I get my ECA?

A5: This is the most important question here on this post. There are several designated organizations here in Canada where you can get your credentials assessed. They are as follows:
•Comparative Education Service – University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies
•International Credential Assessment Service of Canada
•World Education Services
•International Qualifications Assessment Service
•International Credential Evaluation Service
•Medical Council of Canada (professional body for Doctors)
•Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada (professional body for Pharmacists)

Q6: Do I need to get all my degrees assessed (e.g. I’ve got a B.Sc. and a M.Sc.)?

A6: This is entirely up to you the applicant or spouse/common-law partner of the applicant. Simply put in this way, you will only get points towards the CRS in Express Entry or be eligible under FSWP if your ECA report matches at least one of the results in the table above. So to answer this, in my own personal experience, I only had my M.Sc. degree assessed (this was due to circumstances beyond my control) as I was unable to get the University at my country of residence to send my transcript over) but had not hitches in requesting my transcript for my M.Sc. degree from the UK. This was sufficient in the meantime as I accrued points for having a university degree at Masters level.

The drawback to this is when you’re finally resident in Canada and you need to go through a professional designation in your profession, you will need to have all your educational credentials assessed and possibly upgraded to a course by course report as the format for immigration purposes is just document by document. Do not fret, you can simply contact the designated organization you used earlier and pay an upgraded fee to upgrade your report to a course by course report hence it makes logical sense to have all your credentials assessed if you can.

Q7: Which designated organization should I choose from to have my credentials assessed?

A7: Again, I will ask myself the question if my profession a licensed one? If it is for example Medicine, your precedence should be to go with the body associated with medical doctors i.e. The Medical Council of Canada. I will follow the same logic if you were in the Pharmacy profession. For all other professions, you may simply go with either of the remaining organizations. If in doubt, contact the province where you intend to stay in to see if your occupation is a licensed one. Pharmacists may or may not require a licence to practice in some pharmaceutical or government institutions so they may not be obliged in these circumstances to get an ECA from the Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada.

Other factors to consider when choosing an alternative designated organisation should include
•Costs to get the credential assessed as costs may vary by organization.
•duration it’ll take to have the credentials assessed.
•documents to be furnished to facilitate the assessment
•Employers in Canada who partner or are familiar with certain designated organizations. This will help you much later when you’re applying for jobs in Canada.


I also provide landing support for new immigrants dwelling in Edmonton, Alberta. I will assist with temporary accommodation at my place while I drive you around to arrange viewings for a place to rent in the first couple of weeks, opening a bank account, registering for social services (SIN, Health Card, Drivers' Licence etc). To enquire about this service, simply drop me an email on my blog site.

Thanks
Ola
Everythiing u will do free of cost for new immigrants ! !
 

NOC_1212

Star Member
Nov 21, 2014
70
0
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
1212
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2014 at 13.51 NS, SYDNEY
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
06-02-2015
AOR Received.
16-03-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
AllAh only knows
Med's Request
AllAh only knows
Med's Done....
AllAh only knows
Interview........
AllAh only knows
Passport Req..
AllAh only knows
VISA ISSUED...
AllAh only knows
LANDED..........
AllAh only knows
November December applicant's Patience is awesome. No news at all from SGVO! only one reported from Italy that she got MR.
What SGVO is doing?
 

dontelother

Hero Member
Oct 27, 2014
316
12
Earth!
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-2016
Nomination.....
Dec-2015
AOR Received.
Jan-2016
Med's Done....
Jan-2016
NOC_1212 said:
November December applicant's Patience is awesome. No news at all from SGVO! only one reported from Italy that she got MR.
What SGVO is doing?
Even EE has also no news!!! Some person already crossed the 6 months mark! What's they are doing??? :'(
 

miltoncsekuet

Hero Member
Sep 6, 2014
758
8
Toronto
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
2171
AOR Received.
8 Oct 15
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
Jan 2017
Med's Done....
Re Medical Jan 2017
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2017
LANDED..........
March 2017
dontelother said:
Even EE has also no news!!! Some person already crossed the 6 months mark! What's they are doing??? :'(

It seems express entry or paper based all equal to sgvo .
 

Bright.Angel

Hero Member
Aug 25, 2015
316
10
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov, 2014
Nomination.....
Feb, 2015
AOR Received.
Mar, 2015
Med's Request
Looking towards Almighty
NOC_1212 said:
November December applicant's Patience is awesome. No news at all from SGVO! only one reported from Italy that she got MR.
What SGVO is doing?
Not one bro. It is two who got MR last Thursday. 1st one 26th November with NOC 2172 (IT) applicant (Presently living in Milan, Italy) and 2nd one 22nd December with NOC 3112 (Doctor) applicant (Presently working in a Private Hospital in Dhaka)

So far we think SGVO is working based on NOC priority.

Bro, sent u a pm. Check inbox pls
 

abusina

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
81
16
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore >> Manila
NOC Code......
2173
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
O3-07-2014
Nomination.....
27-10-2014
AOR Received.
O3-12-2014
Med's Request
19-11-2015
Med's Done....
23-11-2015 MR Recevied Status Added on 6th Dec 2015
Passport Req..
03-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2015
LANDED..........
In sha allah in July
My original COPR and landing documents went missing while we were moving from UAE to Bangladesh. Basically we were resident in UAE ,as we got PR we decided to go back to home country for vacation before moving to Canada .While vacant the flat may be that time we missed/misplaced the document.

We have the passports with PR visa but other documents are lost.

Action taken :
Raised CSE and sent email to SGVO .

In CIC website i found below:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=044&top=12

What immigration documents can I have replaced if they are lost, stolen or destroyed?

Outside Canada

You may have the following current, valid immigration documents replaced:

temporary resident visa counterfoil;
permanent resident visa counterfoil;
confirmation of permanent residence;

--------------------------------------------
Please advice if anyone has similar experience or any more suggestion.

Feeling down :(
 

mehuna

Star Member
Dec 16, 2014
148
15
Visa Office......
SGVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 1st week 2014
Nomination.....
October 3rd week 2014
AOR Received.
December 1st week 2014
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
April 2nd week 2016
Med's Done....
April 3rd week 2016, MR received 3rd week April 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 1st week 2016, simultaneously DECISION MADE
VISA ISSUED...
May 2016 Received on June 2016
LANDED..........
July 2016
Shuvo Noborsho!!!!!!!!!!!

Alhamdulillah............................Finally its my turn......................and its MR. After almost 2 years of waiting since application submitted our patience paid off. So those who are still waiting pls be patient and hope for your turn to come.

My gratitude to all the members of the forum who helped me to reach this milestone. I can't resist to name a few: RUMEL, Rimmi, Virus,hoping_15, sar_can, enigma_blue, BIBORNO, snow_ski and last but not the least afsun1105 & skidmarkz.

Pls keep us in your prayer for successful completion of the process.
 

neelita07

Star Member
Mar 29, 2015
66
1
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June '14
Nomination.....
October '14
AOR Received.
December '14
mehuna said:
Shuvo Noborsho!!!!!!!!!!!

Alhamdulillah............................Finally its my turn......................and its MR. After almost 2 years of waiting since application submitted our patience paid off. So those who are still waiting pls be patient and hope for your turn to come.

My gratitude to all the members of the forum who helped me to reach this milestone. I can't resist to name a few: RUMEL, Rimmi, Virus,hoping_15, sar_can, enigma_blue, BIBORNO, snow_ski and last but not the least afsun1105 & skidmarkz.

Pls keep us in your prayer for successful completion of the process.
many congratulations apu, shuvo nobo borsho... great start of year for you.