+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Alberta Provincial Nominee Program -Skilled Worker Question

johanpg

Sep 2, 2008
Hello,
I am a Civil Engineer from Peru, with over 5 years of Experience working in the US. Recently, a firm of Alberta hired me and now I am in Edmonton, Alberta since July 2008 with a Work Permit Visa valid for 2 years as a Civil Engineer with an approved LMO.

All my Civil Engineering studies are from a University of Peru. I made an Application to APEGGA (Association of Professional Engineer of Alberta) to get my P. Eng. License here, I took the APEGGA National Professional Practice Exam on July 21, and I just have a letter stating that I passed the Exam. Currently, my Application to become a Professional Engineer (P. Eng.) is been reviewed by Apegga and it may take 1 year or more, depend in what else they request me...

My employer is willing to make the application with me to the Alberta Provincial Nominee Program to get a Permanent Residence.

My question is: Do I qualify as a Provincial Nominee Program, as a Skilled Worker (Civil Engineer), even thought I am not a Professional Engineer member registered with the Apegga yet? I also have all my Engineering transcripts, Degree and a letter of Apegga stating that I already passed the National Professional Practice exam and my application is under review.

Thank you for your answer!!!