+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AINP - Proving Direct Family Relationship

Tinkerbelle

Mar 19, 2008
London
Hi there,

I am hoping someone will be able to advise me on what to do.

I am a UK Born Citizen currently living in the UK. I have an Aunt who is a Canadian citizen and lives in Calgary, Alberta.

She is willing to sponsor me via the Alberta Family Stream (AINP), and every thing is in place except for one thing. Proof of family ties.

The problem is that my Grandfather's name is not on my Aunt's Birth Certificate (She is the sister of my Mother). The FAQ on the Alberta website states:

What information is required to prove the direct family relationship?

Certified copies of official documents demonstrating the relationship between the Sponsor and Candidate are required with an application under the Family Stream. Common examples of official documents which may help prove the relationship include Birth Certificates, Adoption Documents, Citizenship Documents, Passports, and/or Family Register Documents.

You must consider whether or not there are sufficient official documents to clearly show the connection between the Sponsor and the Candidate. For example, if the Sponsor is the Aunt of the Candidate, the following must be included with the application:

Official documents showing the Sponsor’s parents
Official documents showing the Candidate’s parents
Official documents showing the Candidate’s grandparents
It also states in the FAQ
Would an affidavit by a family member declaring the names and relationships of other family members be considered official documentation?

No. Common examples of official documents which may help prove the relationship include Birth Certificates, Adoption Documents, Citizenship Documents, Passports, and/or Family Register Documents. Affidavits are not acceptable for demonstrating proof of relationship.
Does anyone have any advice on how we can go about proving the direct family link?
Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So their birth certificates do not show the same father but do they at least show the same mother? That could be enough.