+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

age requirement to marry some 1 overseas

d_1982

Star Member
Nov 20, 2008
ok some one answer me to this one, what is the age requirement to meet if you are canadian citizen or have a PR card and planning to marry some one outside canada what is the age requirement 20 yrs 15 yrs or is it open so please tell me how old the partner have to be to marry a canadian citizen ? thankzzzzz

d_1982

Star Member
Nov 20, 2008
thankzz for the reply boujasim

ya i know that the age would be over 18 but freind of mine his uncle got married to a women who is 55 yrs old and the guy is some thing over 35 will he be able to bring his wife into canada ? if so how please reply back thankzz

boujasim

Nov 12, 2008
well, iam not an IO, but i honestly dont think a 35 marrying a 55 lady is for anything but immigration, if both are the same age it would be perfect,but with this huge age differnce, his chances are very low, unless he truely loves her and the relation is genuine,then he should provid solid proof.
this is my personal opinion,i could be 100% mistaken.

you can read on the cic website and get all the info you need and the forms you need to fill
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/index.asp

good luck!

top2

Nov 18, 2008
hi i think if they show how deep is their relationshep it doesn't matter i am agree with boujasim they have to provide solid proof two years ago i know one guy he is younger than his wife in 10 years and he sponsor her and she came without problem because their marraige is real

boujasim

Nov 12, 2008
man, i am sorry i didnt understood ur question when i 1st read am half asleep:p

listen there is no standard age,the differnce can be 1 year or 20 years,it really doesnt matter,all that matters is that they are married for real, now ofcourse the age difference will pose a challenge but he will have to provide some solid proof about the relation. listen you can read from this forum and you will learn alot.