+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Advice Regarding 120 Day Deadline for submitting documents to Visa Office

spud

Oct 13, 2010
Hello

My initial approval from the CIO came in July and i was given 120 days to collect and submit all necessary documents to Visa Office.
My 120 days elapse on 22nd November.

Due to recent changes in the system regarding Language Testing, everyone is now required to take IELTS. Therefore i will now sit IELTS and recieve the test result by 16th -18th November - which does not leave me with enough time to courier all documents for them to arrive by 22nd November as my allocated visa office is in a another country (Islamabad, PK Visa Office function being served by Visa Office in London, UK)

Can anyone suggest or give advice on what to do ? Should one:
a) Submit documents in time (within 120 days) and attach a letter explaining that IELTS results are due soon and that i will post them to the visa office as soon as i recieve them?
OR
b) Wait for the IELTS result and submit all complete documents and be late by a few days (exceeding the 120 day deadline by a few days) ?[/b][/b]

I would really appreciate your responses.

Spud

sm001

Dec 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey..what did you do? Submit the docs or not?

What's the status now?

princesmay

Jun 16, 2010
base of my experience before i apply spouse visa in canada the embassy send me email to pass my additonal requirement they send that in feb 01 2010 but i just read the email june 4 2010 i just have 45 days to complete my documents what we did i write a explaination letter write in above Appeal we ask apology for really late submittion we really scared that my application will ellapsed or abandon but thanks God they still accept my documents even its really late...if you cant submit the write dealine you have to gather all the proved of documents and explain why...your getting delayed or you will informed the visa office that your waiting some of documents....or you can submit some of the documents and write and explaination letter.....