+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Advice please

Dubc125

Dec 29, 2013
I have got a solid offer for a good permanent job in Canada but I am worried that a couple of things may stop my visa application. I got caught with a offensive weapon when I was 16 I am now 22, I have not been in trouble with the law for anything at all since other than I got caught driving without insurance, wearing a seatbelt and taking the vehicle without the owners permission (not theft as it was my employers van) this was in August 2013. The reason I took the van was I was working in a residential area and I needed to use the toilet (number 2) and could not find a customer that was in their house I was very desperate and I had to take the van to get to the toilet that was probably about half a mile away maybe more on the way back I never had my seatbelt on and got stopped by the police. Will this affect my visa application? Also I can provide character references and more if that matters these are two of the stupidest and one of them the biggest mistakes I've made in my life. Is there anything I can do to make sure these do not hinder me getting in. I am giving up everything for this job selling everything I have to get the money to be able to do this, should I just stop right now before I get to that stage or should I go for it and do everything I can to assure the government I am good and that these were stupid mistakes in different parts of my life although costly. I can even get a written letter from my old employer stating that he was not there and not able to take me and workmates stating that I really needed to use the van for the toilet and there is no way that I would have used it if I wasn't desperate to use the toilet.

Are these going to stop me getting in or will it be up to the immigration officer to make a decision about me?
Any advice welcome folks thanks.