+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Advice Badly Needed!! Canadian sponsoring husband from Brazil

beloved187

Aug 20, 2009
Hello There!!

I'm a Canadian citizen, born and raised - but right now I am currently living in Brazil with my Brazilian husband. We are currently filling out all the paperwork for him to become a permenent resident in Canada...
We were married in Canada in March of this year, and came out here almost directly after so he could be with his ailing parents...So needless to say, I have been without work for going on almost a year, because I'm Canadian. My concern is this: In the "Document Checklist" they give instructions about sending in my Option C printout...Now, here's the thing - I'm 21 and I've worked full time for just about 2 years before we married, but I have never filed my taxes...Why? I was told that if I didn't make enough above a certain amount that I didn't need to yet, and that I could file later on. My mom and I are currently working on that, but it looks like it's going to take awhile to get that all sorted out and we needed to get this process going as we want to apply for university and everything and time is slipping away...Our goal is to hopefully be back in Canada to live permenently by sometime next year. So great - I can provide an explanation on that and provide some other kind of means of proof of income right? Well, according to the other options, paystubs, proof of real estate rental, etc, etc...I don't have any of that out here!!! (I was living with my Mum still, as I'm only 21, and didn't really think to keep ALL my paystubs hanging around - dumb, dumb DUMB, I know...) So now I'm starting to panic...All I have is a letter from my previous boss stating that I am a strong candidate for a position and that he'll glady let me have my job back when we get back to Canada....Which is good, but - is it gonna be good enough??? I can try to gather together what paystubs I can, but I don't know that I'll have all 12 months worth...What can I do? What can I give the embassy to show I can support my husband? Because my husband and I will both be working for sure, as we have to pay for school and whatnot too - so it'll all be alright I know it - but how can I prove that to them??? What about bank statements and stuff...How does that work?? (Most of my stuff is online so...Ahh I'm soo confused...Pleaseeee someone, if you have any advice it would be greatly appriciated...Thanks!!!

Cassandra

Cdnshaz

May 15, 2008
Don't panic for starters
you are just fine, as a canadian citizen living out of Canada, apply outland...ie do it now! it's quicker anyway
You do not need to provide financial details as a spouse, you do need to prove you intent on moving home when your spouse gets his visa..get a letter from your parents saying you can live with them, or find apartment . You don't need option C living out of Canada.

Also put in a letter from your previous employer saying he will rehire you once you return to Canada...frankly I didn't even do that as my husband retires and we won't be working when we go home.

go to the CIC site and read, read,read...and when you think you got it...do it again! just to make sure you don't miss anything

soldier123

May 6, 2009
Hey beloved187, don't panic.

If I were you I would apply sponsorship outside Canada right now. Why? The Canadian consulate in Sao Paulo is very very
kind, helpful - and fast.They are friendly and always do the best to help in your case.
Don't be afraid. Read the forms and then ask your husband to call them or send them an email,
I am sure they will answer all your questions cordially.

Good Luck.