(close to Toronto) Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
Can anyone share their experience of a spousal ADR appeal. I just sent our appeal application off. We were refused. The IO said she didn't believe our relationship is genuine.

I am 20 years older than my husband. (please put your eye balls back in your head) I know I know but hey what can I say.

Desperately trying to get a sense of the questions they ask. The IO asked him why he hadn't bought me any jewellery...simply because he can't afford it. We didn't have a wedding ceremony. One we didn't have time but also that his father doesn't agree, mostly because I'm not Muslim, so he wouldn't let his mom and the rest of the family meet me. My parents are too old to travel to Morocco.

The IO also said that he knew only superficial things about me and my family. Makes no sense. He nevers everything about me. My family he knows only superficial things about because he's never met them. All he knows as what I have told them. We had sent chat longs, emails, western union receipts, phone records so we weren't too concerned

Turns out she beloved that I loved him but says that she thought he just wanted to come to Canada.

My concern is that all the evidence we have until we get the ADR will be the same. Although, I am tight for money I am going to try my best to go and visit him again before the ADR and I will meet his mom and sisters. Not his father

Any advise would be greatly appreciate!

Thanks

LCS

May 5, 2005
Lois Lane,
This is horrible. This is another case of one person's ( an IO) opinion ruining your life when you know everything about your relationship is valid. I am also 20 years older than my husband. My lawyer said of course they look at you with more scrutiny but if the tables were reversed and the man was older there would be no issue.
My husband also does not have money so no lavish gifts have been involved, for that matter I'm not made of money either so who is to judge whether or not MONEY was spent on either side to prove love?
My parents are both deceased and neither my siblings or friends made the trip to our wedding. SO WHAT? Not everyone jumps on a plane to a foreign country to attend a wedding. And since Canada is absolutely NOT allowing your spouse in on a visitor's visa to have the ceremony here- the cost of ONE return ticket- why are THEY questioning why people on your side aren't all going there for it, the cost of MANY MANY flights.
We did have a modest wedding ceremony with my husband's family and friends, and had lots of photos to show all those people gathered for it and us with the official and signing everything.
The things you both know about each other's families doesn't sound very different than than mine, and we really weren't challenged on our validity. We included all we could with the same things you did plus lots of photos of the wedding, photos of a few days of honeymoon and others together; boarding passes, hotel receipts.
From his side, being that he is from the disadvantaged country, it could also look like he is looking to just come to Canada and I have done more from my side and to go and visit since he's NOT ALLOWED here.
I'm really sorry this has happened to you. It really looks like you just got the one IO that was bent on a refusal.