+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

admission to masters and visa after 3 years of bachelors

Urgonnabeokme

Sep 20, 2020
hello,
i have heard from someone that it is allegedly impossible to get admission to 2-year master programs if you completed a 3-year long bachelor's, is this true? even if i graduate from a well-ranked university in Europe? and the other thing was, even if you get admitted to a masters program the visa officers might reject your application if you graduated from a 3 year long bachelor's. Are these allegations true?
thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Depends on the university as each one has different requirements. But yes, most likely you need a 4 year. Just research the schools. Doesn’t matter if it is well ranked.

Last edited:

Urgonnabeokme

Sep 20, 2020
but in every European country bachelor's is 3 years long, maybe it is only viable for graduates from Canadian universities. Actually, admission is not the problem but the visa is. I have never heard of someone getting rejected bc her bachelor's is 3 years long before, sounds weird bc why would they reject your visa if you already got accepted by the university?
Depends on the university as each one has different requirements. But yes, most likely you need a 4 year. Just research the schools. Doesn’t matter if it is well ranked.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
but in every European country bachelor's is 3 years long, maybe it is only viable for graduates from Canadian universities. Actually, admission is not the problem but the visa is. I have never heard of someone getting rejected bc her bachelor's is 3 years long before, sounds weird bc why would they reject your visa if you already got accepted by the university?
I never said anything about IRCC rejecting your visa because it is a 3 year. If you got into the university, then your study permit application is accepted on your strong profile.

Reactions: Urgonnabeokme