+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Admission letter for dependent minor for Quebec immigration

Aug 28, 2021
I am about to pursue as an international student in Bishop's University Quebec. I have a CAQ. I have not yet immigrated to Canada or applied for VISA. I am about to take my 7 year old daughter as a dependent. Kindly let me know id she needs an admission letter for her CAQ.

orwell46

Apr 29, 2020
Per my knowledge a minor school going child does not need a school admission letter to apply for CAQ. She will be going to a primary school based on where you are going to live in Quebec.
Are you a master's student at Bishop's?

Aug 28, 2021
Per my knowledge a minor school going child does not need a school admission letter to apply for CAQ. She will be going to a primary school based on where you are going to live in Quebec.
Are you a master's student at Bishop's?
Yes, I have an admission for masters and have caq I have to apply for visa

Deejay_3509

Nov 26, 2020
I am about to pursue as an international student in Bishop's University Quebec. I have a CAQ. I have not yet immigrated to Canada or applied for VISA. I am about to take my 7 year old daughter as a dependent. Kindly let me know id she needs an admission letter for her CAQ.
Hi Janani,
I took my 10 year old daughter with me to Montreal on a study permit. Just apply for a visitor visa for her. With your study permit and her visit visa she ll be enrilled to any schools here.

orwell46

Apr 29, 2020
Hi Janani,
I took my 10 year old daughter with me to Montreal on a study permit. Just apply for a visitor visa for her. With your study permit and her visit visa she ll be enrilled to any schools here.
Hello,
I thought a CAQ is mandatory for a dependent minor child who is to attend school in Quebec. Doesn't IRCC ask for one before processing the TRV?
Did you apply from India and is your SP for one year or more?

Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Janani,
Some visa officers are now requiring a SP for children of international student although you should be able to Travel and study with just a TRV.

Deejay_3509

Nov 26, 2020
Hello,
I thought a CAQ is mandatory for a dependent minor child who is to attend school in Quebec. Doesn't IRCC ask for one before processing the TRV?
Did you apply from India and is your SP for one year or more?

Thanks

Hi,

This is my experience. I landed in February 2021; applied from India and length of study is 1 year.
Thank You!

orwell46

Apr 29, 2020
Hi,

This is my experience. I landed in February 2021; applied from India and length of study is 1 year.
Thank You!
Thanks, when does the academic session start in Quebec and were you able to admit your daughter mid session? How is she coping with learning french? Will be great to have some feedback.
Incidentally, I have a ten year old daughter too :)

Deejay_3509

Nov 26, 2020
Thanks, when does the academic session start in Quebec and were you able to admit your daughter mid session? How is she coping with learning french? Will be great to have some feedback.
Incidentally, I have a ten year old daughter too :)
Hi,

The schools are reopening tomorrow after the summer vacation. My dayghter got admitted in March, which is the last term of the academic year. So you just have to take up an appoitment with the school board, get a confirmation and next week you are in. French is a little hard but the teachers here are amazing and they have good online resources too which help kids learn French. Also they will not go hard on the French part as they know kids will take time to adapt.

Reactions: orwell46

orwell46

Apr 29, 2020
@JananiSupritha can you please share what did you write under Program of Study and Educational Institution for your child? Also, what is to be uploaded because a school going child will not have an Admission letter.

Did you attach your daughter's CAQ along with her SP application or did you send it later via webform