+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Admission in Public Schools @ mid year

ksa2can

Oct 18, 2010
Dear All and respected Senior Members,

I am a returning PR and will be landing in Toronto druing 1st week of Feb and planning to stay in Mississuaga. I have kids presently attending Grade 7 and 5 respectively in their home country.

I understand that most of the pulic schools will accept them for new admissions even though they have missed half of the school year. I am very concerned if they can adjust in the school and adopt to the system quickly. Please advise and help. ???

Thanks in advance.

SR

Canadian Career Coach

Star Member
Sep 15, 2010
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Admission in Public Schools @ mid year

Depending on what type of school system they've been in, the educational board here will have an understanding if the grade levels are the same, lower, or higher then the Canadian school levels.

Don't worry if they get put in grades 4/6 vs 5/7 - it will all depend on comparing what they've already started. Some countries also start students at different ages, so keep this in mind. Also, it may depend on their English language skills. You can register students at any time for the school that is your delegated, or zoned school area.n

rupak447

Mar 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Admission in Public Schools @ mid year

Canadian Career Coach said:
Depending on what type of school system they've been in, the educational board here will have an understanding if the grade levels are the same, lower, or higher then the Canadian school levels.

Don't worry if they get put in grades 4/6 vs 5/7 - it will all depend on comparing what they've already started. Some countries also start students at different ages, so keep this in mind. Also, it may depend on their English language skills. You can register students at any time for the school that is your delegated, or zoned school area.n
Yes, I think so and for that I am agree with you people.