+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Admission in M.Engg + Other questions?????????????????

Ramesch

Apr 26, 2009
Hi All Seniors.

I did my B.E (Petroleum Engg.) from Pakistan in January 1995. Now I am working in a national Oil company there since June 1996 and I have more than 13 years experience of Oil industry. I intend to land in Calgary in April 2010. My questions, which need your expert advise, are:

1. I want to take admission in Master’s In Petroleum Engg. from UoA or UoC. After landing and PR card, can I have to appear for IELTS academic? Or it is not essential, after PR Card as I may have landed there.
2. Can I get direct admission to M.E(Pet.) on the basis of my education from Pakistan or I have to qualify some type of tests / papers prior to admission in M.E?
3. Now a days, besides my job, I took admission in M.E (Pet.) in Mehran University (Evening Classes). Can UoA or UoC give me wiaver of subjects, i.e., Credentials transfer or not?
4. After how much time after landing or receiving PR card, I’m eligible to take admission to M.E (Pet.)?
5. After how much time after landing or receiving PR card, I’m eligible to for any grant / loan / scholarships?
6. Can I get any fellowship from university? Also can we are provided cheap accommodation by university?
7. How can I get recognized my Pakistani Degree? Procedure and the required cost?

Regards.

waraich

Dec 6, 2008
You will get all your answers regarding admissions from canadian university.You will get PR card after 3 months.

Good Luck

CoolEJ

Star Member
Jul 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Ranmesch, did you get any answers to these? please share as I am the same boat as you are.
Thanks!

abelkwh

Jul 30, 2009
Hi

I will try to answer yr questions to the best of my knowledge from my extensive experience in education in North America, especially wrt to Canada for yr interest here

Ramesch said:
Hi All Seniors.

I did my B.E (Petroleum Engg.) from Pakistan in January 1995. Now I am working in a national Oil company there since June 1996 and I have more than 13 years experience of Oil industry. I intend to land in Calgary in April 2010. My questions, which need your expert advise, are:

1. I want to take admission in Master's In Petroleum Engg. from UoA or UoC. After landing and PR card, can I have to appear for IELTS academic? Or it is not essential, after PR Card as I may have landed there.
it doesnt matter when yr PR arrives, u can take ILETS or TOEFL or CANTEST anytime once u are here in Canada. Yr PR card will arrive in about 2 to 3 mths earliest, so be prepared to wait, the PR card doesnt help u much except in yr departure from Canada and return

2. Can I get direct admission to M.E(Pet.) on the basis of my education from Pakistan or I have to qualify some type of tests / papers prior to admission in M.E?
It all depends on the individual university and u have to find out from the website of each of the unis but most can admit u but u may have to take additional test to prove yr proficiency or have yr qualifications accreditated or assessed by the evaluation bodies in Canada after u land

3. Now a days, besides my job, I took admission in M.E (Pet.) in Mehran University (Evening Classes). Can UoA or UoC give me wiaver of subjects, i.e., Credentials transfer or not?Waiver or not will also depend on the university after u are admitted, u wont know until u are admitted

4. After how much time after landing or receiving PR card, I'm eligible to take admission to M.E (Pet.)?2 to 3 mths or more as mentioned, u are eligible for any program if u qualified after their assessment of yr credentials

5. After how much time after landing or receiving PR card, I'm eligible to for any grant / loan / scholarships?It all depends on which province u land and where u are. most require 1 full yr of residence and some do not.

6. Can I get any fellowship from university? Also can we are provided cheap accommodation by university?Yes u can provided u get admitted and u would need to apply after u enter the program

7. How can I get recognized my Pakistani Degree? Procedure and the required cost?U will need to check out the assessment bodies in Canada

Regards.