+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Additional document

Got2020

Jun 9, 2020
I have a situation. Got a letter from IRCC stating client information “our records show that you have been previously married, please provide divorce/annulment certificates”. I am in canada applied for PR under CEC. The problem is i have never been married. I have 7 days to respond back. Don’t know what to do.

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
The response suggests that they matched your UCI with a previous application in which you declared yourself to be married. Any chance you checked a box by mistake?
As it is logically impossible to prove a negative (your not having previously been married) I would prepare a notarised statutory declaration that you have never been married.
You can submit at least that document within the 7 days and in the meantime you could try to determine the source of their error by making an ATIP request for your file.

Got2020

Jun 9, 2020
I was able to find the application. It was my coop work permit application. Someone I asked to help fill it, indicated me as married. I didn’t double check this and thats where i made a mistake. Will a letter of explanation be sufficient. I wrote a letter stating i have never being married and im still unmarried and all my other applications to IRCC shows this

Arypar4590

Jan 29, 2021
I have a situation. Got a letter from IRCC stating client information “our records show that you have been previously married, please provide divorce/annulment certificates”. I am in canada applied for PR under CEC. The problem is i have never been married. I have 7 days to respond back. Don’t know what to do.
Hi how much time they took afterwards to process the application.