+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Addition of spouse during federal process

shani-baba

Apr 17, 2018
Hi.
I am stuck somewhere in the middle..
I got csq in 2017 and applied for federal part to get the PR. at that time i was single .
i received application number and also medical exam instructions.
my medical is done.
i am planning to get married this month..
i have some questions related to my case ..

1) does addition of my spouse affect the processing time of my application.?
2) if i add my spouse to my application, do i have to get a csq for my spouse also.?
3) can i just declare my marriage ..and sponsor my spouse later on when i get the pr??

any help will be highly appriciated.
Thanks

vishalptl21

Nov 7, 2015
Hi.
I am stuck somewhere in the middle..
I got csq in 2017 and applied for federal part to get the PR. at that time i was single .
i received application number and also medical exam instructions.
my medical is done.
i am planning to get married this month..
i have some questions related to my case ..

2) if i add my spouse to my application, do i have to get a csq for my spouse also.?
3) can i just declare my marriage ..and sponsor my spouse later on when i get the pr??

any help will be highly appriciated.
Thanks
I went through similar situation and added spouse in the application.
Yes
Yes. I did that and i am waiting for spouse CSQ for 13 months. Your PR will be on hold untill you submit spouse csq
Yes you can do this as well.

shani-baba

Apr 17, 2018
If i want to add my spouse in my pr application as non accompanying member , what documents will be required and do i have to provide pictures of the ceremony and after the ceremony??
i just have some pictures taken on the wedding day of myself and spouse with immediate relatives and cousins. it was a cultural wedding i don't have any pictures of myself and spouse after the ceremony. and flew back to canada soon after the second day of marriage..
is it gonna be a problem if i don't provide sufficient pictures ??
the rest of the documents are completed.